Author Topic: O2O Headsets  (Read 3818 times)

Offline FBOfficialSJ

• FAN REACTION: +4/-1
O2O Headsets
« on: August 08, 2018, 01:46:36 PM »
What are you guys finding to be the best headset for the O2O's?  I do want to be fiddling with the earpiece or the microphone between every down.

Thanks in advance!

Offline goodgrr

• Roger Goodgroves
  • FAN REACTION: +13/-12
  • We are always learning
Re: O2O Headsets
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 03:09:07 PM »
In the UK we use the Retevis H-777 which work really well and are very good value.

The great thing is that you can buy a variety of headsets to suit all needs.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=Retevis+H-777+microphone&_sacat=0

Offline zebraboy

• FAN REACTION: +1/-0
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 01:22:35 PM »
Does anyone have Midland 020 and use a belt PTT button, if so, please provide info on what you're using.

Offline WooHooRef

• FAN REACTION: +0/-0
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 02:46:35 PM »
We tried the Retevis H777 this season and we'll be getting something better next season.  There's interference when you push to talk on some of the radios and there's squawking but no one is using them, just comes on from time to time.  It's hard for the wing guys to hear each other, the range isn't that great no matter what channel was used and volume on high.   Basically we found it very difficult to communicate with one another and have stopped using them. 

Online Etref

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +85/-28
  • " I don't make the rules coach!"
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 08:53:33 PM »
Check the Texas board, TexDoc has some great information
" I don't make the rules coach!"

Offline HLinNC

• FAN REACTION: +133/-24
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2018, 08:23:58 AM »
We have the Baofeng's.  I bought them last year.  They have worked fine.  The only issue we have had was one belt clip break.  I've ordered some spares to make repairs as needed.  I also purchased some cell phone holsters that were on clearance at the local Tractor Supply to use for those who don't like the belt clip alone.

I found the earpiece mics that came with them to be rather flimsy so I've ordered security style earpieces for those who prefer them.  I keep extras and some guys have just paid for one to keep in their bag. 

I recently purchased the featherweight boom mic from this site.  It cost almost as much as the five radios but I've been satisfied with it.

http://www.planetheadset.com/Light-Headsets.php