Author Topic: BIB..Pts/Jets..TD on punt return. Would/Wouldn't you....  (Read 1234 times)

Offline Ralph Damren

• FAN REACTION: +864/-28
  • SEE IT-THINK IT-CALL IT
BIB..Pts/Jets..TD on punt return. Would/Wouldn't you....
« on: November 21, 2022, 12:33:42 PM »
My name is Ralph...and..er...I'm a Patriot's fan..

I was asexcited as my football buddies on the punt return > TD with 0:05 left, but the  z^ in me feared for
^flag for a BIB @ K's 14 as runner was at K's 10 .

WHAT SAY YOU ?  ^good ^flag

PS: PATRIOT OR JET FANS NEED NOT REPLY

Offline Kalle

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +109/-35
Re: BIB..Pts/Jets..TD on punt return. Would/Wouldn't you....
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2022, 01:32:02 PM »
B30(?) on A34, you mean? If you flag that as a BIB in a game I review, you will get an Incorrect Call grade on the call. Obviously from the side, but you might make a case for a blindside block with NCAA rules - I don't think the block is of the type of a punishing and/or attempting to injure that the BSB rule is meant to eliminate, but it does seem to come a bit after A34 seems to have "let go" on the play.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 01:34:55 PM by Kalle »

Offline Ralph Damren

• FAN REACTION: +864/-28
  • SEE IT-THINK IT-CALL IT
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2022, 07:40:02 AM »
Thanks, Kalle, for your response. I was concerned about the possible BIB at the K14 by a Patriot when the return man was at the K10. It was mentioned briefly in postgame, such as : "..some may thought there MIGHT have been a block in the back...." I had a simular 'thought' as when Brady's" fumble" turning into a tuck rule back near the turn of the century. I washed such thoughts away with a celebration round with my football friends.

Unsure if Finland has a holiday simular to Thanksgiving. Best of wishes for s safe and enjoyable Christmas and a Happy New Year.
                                                         tiphat:
« Last Edit: November 23, 2022, 07:48:59 AM by Ralph Damren »

Offline Kalle

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +109/-35
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2022, 08:04:33 AM »
Unsure if Finland has a holiday simular to Thanksgiving. Best of wishes for s safe and enjoyable Christmas and a Happy New Year.
                                                         tiphat:

We don't (well, our Independence Day is Dec 6th), but I wish you all over there a great Thanksgiving!

Offline dammitbobby

• FAN REACTION: +27/-8
  • I know just enough to be dangerous...

Offline Jave36

• FAN REACTION: +0/-0
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2022, 04:37:18 PM »
I think the rule says any hand on the back, even if you're standing to the side, is a BIB. So that was definitely a BIB, unless I'm misremembering that rule.

Offline JasonTX

• FAN REACTION: +112/-58
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2022, 09:07:04 PM »
I think the rule says any hand on the back, even if you're standing to the side, is a BIB. So that was definitely a BIB, unless I'm misremembering that rule.

They want the blocker to be in chase mode.  If he's coming on from the side then the defender can bare some responsibility for contact in the back on the idea that he may have turned or ran in from of an already committed side blocker.