Football Officiating > National Federation Discussion

Moving to umpire

<< < (7/8) > >>

refjeff:
Before we leave the locker room our U leads us through a head to toe equipment check; hat, whistle, pencil, game card, belt, flag, bean bag, Ready Ref, coin, shoes tied, check your zipper.

Which one do you think is most often forgotten? 

Bigfrizz81:

--- Quote from: refjeff on August 05, 2018, 04:51:58 PM ---Before we leave the locker room our U leads us through a head to toe equipment check; hat, whistle, pencil, game card, belt, flag, bean bag, Ready Ref, coin, shoes tied, check your zipper.

Which one do you think is most often forgotten?

--- End quote ---

Definitely the zipper.

Ralph Damren:
All great advice, but one tidbit that we all failed to mention is tracking where the previous spot was. For incomplete passes and previous spot enforcement, this is necessary. Using a downs counter band will do with your 5 fingers (4 & thumb -see previous post) dividing the previous spot between the hash marks. We Mainers have the ability of using the rubber bands they place over a lobster's claws that prevents them from biting their new owner 8].

markrischard:
Thanks for the tip. I will be umpiring this year, as our regular is sitting out most of the season.
Lobsters bite with their claws?

Ralph Damren:

--- Quote from: markrischard on August 15, 2018, 11:39:46 AM ---Thanks for the tip. I will be umpiring this year, as our regular is sitting out most of the season.
Lobsters bite with their claws?

--- End quote ---

Lobsters pinch with their claws and they will want to pinch you as you want to drop them into a kittle of boiling water. I prefer NOT to be the killer....only the eater.

eAt& eAt& eAt& eAt& eAt& (5-man crew)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version