Author Topic: Just recieved this....Free Registration  (Read 59049 times)

504coach

Re: Just recieved this....Free Registration
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2010, 11:46:44 AM »
You refuse to go and they pull your "registration" and you are done.  That is your "due process".

And for you who complained to Grant about "the list", what are you ashamed of?

I copied it and saved it to my Benedict Arnold Turncoat CCCS's file on my computer.  Thanks for posting it.  I am going to register as Haywood Jablowmee.  Keep up the good fight and get ready to be locked out on Oct. 30.

Offline Mark Liggett

• FAN REACTION: +1/-0
    • Austin Football TASO
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2010, 12:02:44 PM »
Your elected heroes might be able to help, but they can't help unless they hear from you.  If you don't know who your elected heroes are here's an aide so long as you know where you are.  Remember, the UIL is a state agency, right?  So they have to answer to you at the end of the day.

http://www.house.state.tx.us/members/welcome.php

http://www.senate.state.tx.us/75r/Senate/Members.htm#FYI

Also, if you know anyone on your local school board, the administration answers to them.  Reach out to them - they can't help if they don't know what's going on either.

Offline TexDoc

• FAN REACTION: +98/-26
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2010, 12:44:31 PM »

rickref

« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2010, 12:54:48 PM »
I think it is time for TASO leadership to at least call a conference call with all chapters on this matter and fill us in on what is going on weekly. Just an opinion.

Grant - AR

« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2010, 01:08:53 PM »
And for you who complained to Grant about "the list", what are you ashamed of?

Mike,

No one complained to me about the list that was posted here.  I just didn't think it was in the best interest of anyone to post member names on a public message board.  Even though I know nothing about what is going on in Texas, I certainly don't want to be pulled into this in any way because it was posted on a board I own. 

Offline TXMike

• FAN REACTION: +229/-265
  • When you quit learning you quit living
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2010, 01:15:03 PM »
If someone posted the names of all NFL officials (like Referee magazine does ea year) would you remove it?  Al the list is is a list of guys registered with UIL to call football in Texas

HAshleyTX

« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2010, 01:18:19 PM »
I'm on the list and not ashamed of it.  My sincere hope is that TASO comes out on top because I'm not a fan of Mr. Timmons and his rhetoric and I'm not a fan of Dr. B either.  I mentioned long ago about how important this "more than just a hobby" is to me.  Almost all of my 13 seasons of officiating was done while I was in the Air Force.  That career made it very difficult, at times, for me to call games.  I missed 6 seasons due to moves and deployments and those 6 seasons were horrible.  After all of this I made myself a promise that nothing would would keep me from doing what I enjoy most.  The real shame of this whole unfortunate incident can be summed in this one comment:  
I copied it and saved it to my Benedict Arnold Turncoat CCCS's....
.  What is this supposed to mean?  Does it mean that, at some point, your "list" will be used for a witch hunt if TASO wins out?  What if the UIL wins out?  Should those of you who sit out the playoffs be added to a list of turncoats/Benedict Arnolds by those of us who elect to work?  Sorry, friend, I'm just making decisions based on my judgement and what I feel is MY best direction, don't make this personal.

Offline TexDoc

« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2010, 01:32:59 PM »
Herb, I respect your right to do what you feel is in your best interest.  In fact, I have lost no respect for anyone who feels they should sign up.  Good for you.  We will not all agree on this issue, but we can all agree that we want to officiate.

There were several people, including Herb, on that list that have been long time friends of mine.  They will remain my friends regardless of their decision.  This whole issue is not more important than those friendships.  I sincerely hope this issue does not allow the UIL to divide and conquer.  We have to stay together as officials for one another, regardless of what side of the fence we fall on as far as this issue.

Herb, your service to our country and putting your life on the line overseas is a HELL of a lot more important than this crap.  My sincere apologies if posting that list rubbed you the wrong way.  I think you will also recognize my right to post the list.  Certainly, my intention was not to harm.

HAshleyTX

« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2010, 01:46:43 PM »
Greg

I have absolutely no issue with the posting of the list.  I make no apologies for the decision I made and having my name on that list isn't something I'm ashamed of.  Depending on how all of this turns out, I MAY REGRET registering with these jokers.  If indeed I do regret the decision, I want it to be because the UIL turns out to suck and not because some headhunters disguised as TASO supporters use my decision to descriminate. 

Offline Arbitrator

• Chief Manor Road Pig Poker
  • FAN REACTION: +7/-10
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2010, 02:14:03 PM »
 ^flag

Just went against my word and registered with the UIL.....under a nicely assumed name and non-existant email address. The process was all too easy; kind of like playing at the carnival shooting gallery: keep shooting until you hit the clown. Long story short, an idiot could pass that certification. If this is what the UIL has that makes them think that they have something that makes TASO envious by comparison, then those folks have a whole lot of work ahead of them!

And FYI, there ain't nowhere near the 7,000 on that list as  :!# The Dancing Monkey allegedly purports! Oh, well!  Maybe TT just happened to miss math class on the day that they covered estimations!   z^

Online Etref

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +85/-28
  • " I don't make the rules coach!"
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2010, 02:52:11 PM »
^flag

Just went against my word and registered with the UIL.....under a nicely assumed name and non-existant email address. The process was all too easy; kind of like playing at the carnival shooting gallery: keep shooting until you hit the clown. Long story short, an idiot could pass that certification. If this is what the UIL has that makes them think that they have something that makes TASO envious by comparison, then those folks have a whole lot of work ahead of them!

And FYI, there ain't nowhere near the 7,000 on that list as  :!# The Dancing Monkey allegedly purports! Oh, well!  Maybe TT just happened to miss math class on the day that they covered estimations!   z^

Which makes the question even more pertinent, what is the real reason UIL insist on having us register? I go back to my statement of some weeks ago and it is about ego and power. It appears to have nothing to do with making Texas high school sports better.

I believe the choice to not register should be encouraged. Let all of your chapter officials know that there is no need to register. The schools will not lock us out if they have no other viable options.

" I don't make the rules coach!"

Cooter

« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2010, 02:53:00 PM »
^flag

I see the type of people that seemingly offers up leadership within their organization and they are  obviously not what I'd call God-fearing people~ they are nothing more than a group of manipulative bullies who want to have their way so that they can help siphon off even more of the athletic buck in the state of Texas just to perpetuate the more than sorry existence of the UIL!   z^

Wow, I'm impressed - you now have the eyes of God and are able to discern who might or might not be God fearing - Really?  Really?  Dude, get a life.  It's just a football GAME.  

I'm still baffled by the attitude of a few on this site that think TASO is in the driver's seat - TASO lost - UIL won - ALL organizations associated with High School Football in Texas (except TASO Football) support UIL and their efforts to register officials.  Go ahead and make your statement by not showing up on week 10 - there are many of us out there that will call varsity every night of the week to make sure these kids can play the GAME.  

If I don't get my way I'll take my toys and go home -  now who is the bully?

Online Etref

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +85/-28
  • " I don't make the rules coach!"
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2010, 03:14:02 PM »
It has nothing to do with us being a "bully" If bully tactics are being used in this matter it is the UIL trying to bully us into being their servants.

If Timmons left today, I might sign up tonight. He is using this arbitrary deadline to break TASO football so that they can have a complete run of the show and do as they please. Remember these are the same folks who now refuse to investigate an incident report simply because the submitter has not registered with UIL. If they will do that now what will they do later?

Cooter, wish you the best.

Rick
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 03:31:24 PM by RickWts »
" I don't make the rules coach!"

Grant - AR

« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2010, 03:27:30 PM »
If someone posted the names of all NFL officials (like Referee magazine does ea year) would you remove it?  Al the list is is a list of guys registered with UIL to call football in Texas

There is a difference there in that the list is only supposed to be available to the registered members...assuming I've read the posts correctly.  I wouldn't post the names of all officials registered in Arkansas even though I have access to it.  It is also only for registered members to see.

It's kinda like the CEO of a company laying off a bunch of people and then receiving a $3 million dollar bonus.  There's nothing illegal about it, but it just doesn't seem right.

Offline TXMike

« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2010, 03:39:56 PM »
ALL organizations associated with High School Football in Texas (except TASO Football) support UIL and their efforts to register officials.

I don't think that can be said yet.  Far as I know, the most major player, the THSCA has not weighed in.

Offline TexDoc

« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2010, 03:40:01 PM »
Grant, I'm going to argue, but I will point out something.  UIL is a state agency.  All their information, phone records, budget, salaries, etc, are public information.  Subsequently, all of the information about officials who have signed up with them is also public information and very easily obtained.

With that, I will let you make the decision you see fit.  If anyone wants a list, they can ask me directly and I can send it.  Sound like a fair compromise?

Offline TXMike

« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2010, 03:48:57 PM »
There is a difference there in that the list is only supposed to be available to the registered members...assuming I've read the posts correctly.

Not quite. The UIL has already made it known the list would be available to all schools also. 

Grant - AR

« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2010, 04:00:12 PM »
Not quite. The UIL has already made it known the list would be available to all schools also. 

That might be true, but I don't think the intent was to post it in a public forum.  Based on what has been posted in this thread, anyone who really wants to see it can get to it so there's no need to post it here.

txmustang68

« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2010, 04:15:56 PM »
LOL.  once again, when asked directly, the UIL minions run and hide.  I am beginning to think all the UIL supporters are disgruntled wanna-be officials who couldn't buy their way into the stands for a playoff game.

Cooter

« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2010, 06:29:18 PM »
LOL.  once again, when asked directly, the UIL minions run and hide.  I am beginning to think all the UIL supporters are disgruntled wanna-be officials who couldn't buy their way into the stands for a playoff game.

What was asked to UIL supporters that was not answered?  Or were your questions directed towards someone specific?  I'm probably not the best official in the chapter - guarantee i'm not - but there are a bunch I respect a great deal that are very good - several work college also - that have registered UIL. 

ornery1

« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2010, 06:56:33 PM »
LOL.  I am beginning to think all the UIL supporters are disgruntled wanna-be officials who couldn't buy their way into the stands for a playoff game.

Well let me put it to you this way. I will put my resume up against 90% of all Texas High School officials. I have been there and done that and I'm gonna do more. I have worked all the big games not only locally but multiple state championships, semi-finals, quarter finals. Worked all the big stadiums Texas Stadium, Cowboys Stadium, Astrodome, Reliant, Memorial, Kyle Field, Alamodome, Rock Pile, HEB, UT Arlington, UTEP, Jones Stadium just to name a few. Not bragging, I've paid my dues, worked hard and have the experience. I have been a part of SFOA (remember the patches and leggings before 1 piece socks, I do) and TASO and now want to be a part of the UIL. TASO has been a mess for years and it is hard to get the sh*t back in the goat but they are trying like hell now that they know it is probably too late. I'm not going to name names but a lot of the former leadership and ex officio's are probably to blame as well as THE GOOD OLE BOY SYSTEM. But those days are over. Thank God.

Offline TXMike

« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2010, 07:19:03 PM »
You don't like the good ole boy system????? What the heck you think UIL did with Timmons????  Please don't insult us and say he was qualified for what he was given.  Have you seen HIS resume? If you are as tight with UIL folks as you claim to be you know full well how he got there and it is the epitome of GOod Ole Boy.

Offline TxGrayhat

• FAN REACTION: +15/-4
  • T.A.S.O
« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2010, 08:47:23 PM »
Ill go out on a limb here and say the good ole boy system will be alive and well regardless of whos in charge....I am from  small chapter currently our chapter has 1/3 of 1 vote in Taso and likely will not change if UIL gets control. 

Ornery do you think the way you promote the uil is helping or hurting your cause.  I say it hurts.  These are hard decisions we all have to make some of us will register because we don't wanna stop calling because we love the game. We also love the friendship of our crew and our fellow chapter members . I won't let my decision to join or someone elses decision not to join be something that comes between those friendships.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 08:58:35 PM by TxGrayhat »
If you don't see the Football Don't Blow the Whistle!!!

Offline TxBJ

• FAN REACTION: +9/-6
« Reply #73 on: September 28, 2010, 09:07:48 PM »
Strange.  I've gotten all the UIL emails in the past but I did not get this one.

ornery1

« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2010, 10:04:53 PM »
Ornery do you think the way you promote the uil is helping or hurting your cause.  I say it hurts.  These are hard decisions we all have to make some of us will register because we don't wanna stop calling because we love the game. We also love the friendship of our crew and our fellow chapter members . I won't let my decision to join or someone elses decision not to join be something that comes between those friendships.

Well I think I am telling the truth with out all the name calling, can you hear me MR ARBITRATOR. Yes, it is a hard decision for you young guys who haven't been around or a part of the Good Ole boy crew system. I love this game and so does everyone else on this site or we wouldn't waste the time to post. The friendships I have made not only through my chapter but throughout the state and beyond are priceless. I know its a hard decision, but like everything else in life, change isn't always bad (except OBAMA). Just don't think for a minute we can't all be replaced, even mama taught us better than that. Life goes on!!!!!