Author Topic: High school player slamming official in Florida....  (Read 4964 times)

JBT43

High school player slamming official in Florida....
« on: December 23, 2010, 09:10:46 AM »
I understand the official not wanting to press charges against the young man but hopefully this young man will not be allowed to play HS games for the rest of the year, or maybe even life?

Offline MrFbOfficial

• FAN REACTION: +0/-0
Re: High school player slamming official in Florida....
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 10:37:19 AM »
There is a video and some discussion on this topic at this thread: http://www.refstripes.com/forum/index.php?topic=7565.0

I believe I read an article where the state athletic association decided to not allow this player to finish the basketball season, AND also not allow him to participate in any state athletic events (including his upcoming track & field season). 

Offline Curious

• FAN REACTION: +36/-50
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 12:43:11 PM »
I understand the official not wanting to press charges against the young man but hopefully this young man will not be allowed to play HS games for the rest of the year, or maybe even life?

I don't understand why............

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 07:14:31 AM »

I vehemently believe that any time a sport official is assaulted, criminal investigations must follow. The rules of football/hockey/basketball/lacrosse allow varied degrees of physical contact if not, at some levels, fighting (hockey, box lacrosse). But the rules do not, in any way, allow for intentional physical contact with an official. At that point, the rules of the game fade, and the law of the land reigns supreme. And an assault is an assault.