Author Topic: Virginia's (partial) decision is..  (Read 1701 times)

Offline VALJ

• FAN REACTION: +90/-14
Virginia's (partial) decision is..
« on: July 15, 2020, 12:35:41 PM »
No fall football.  They will decide later this month whether they are keeping just golf and cross country in the fall and cancelling all other fall sports; or swapping fall and spring sports completely; or moving fall sports to start in February and spring sports to start in April.

While I'm not surprised in the slightest, I wish they had decided what they're going to do with it, and not just decided to punt that decision down the road a couple weeks...

Offline HLinNC

• FAN REACTION: +133/-24
Re: Virginia's (partial) decision is..
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 06:41:02 AM »
Punting is what we're doing here.  NC fall sports start now delayed until 9/1 for practice.  They did allow summer conditioning to continue but many districts have not started or suspended it when the governor kept us in Phase II for 3 weeks, now extended another three.

Personally, I think we're done, they just aren't willing to pull the trigger.   Conspiracy theories range from nothing going to happen til November to they are trying to prevent a mass exodus of athlete's to private schools or neighboring states that are more "free".

Offline ilyazhito

• FAN REACTION: +11/-13
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
Re: Virginia's (partial) decision is..
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2020, 09:56:56 PM »
Update: VHSL has decided to move football and all fall sports to the spring. The VHSL will be following a condensed schedule starting with basketball (and other winter sports)on December 14 (1st game date is December 28), football season on February 15, 2021 (1st game is March 1), and then spring sports on April 12 (1st game is April 26). There will be no public high school sports in Virginia this fall.