Author Topic: DB-PF or UNS?  (Read 11584 times)

Offline Rulesman

• Past Keeper of the Keys
  • Refstripes Hero
  • FAN REACTION: +65535/-2
  • Live like tomorrow never comes.
Re: DB-PF or UNS?
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2015, 03:49:06 PM »
Again I'm referring to the situations where it doesn't rise to the level of ejection.  I've never understood why 2 incidents of gestures or words will result in ejection but 2 physical but minor cheap shots doesn't rise to the same level by rule.  Believe me I understand that if what he has done deserves ejection he gets ejected.  And no I don't want normal PF's included in determining ejection but I think we are all capable of recognizing those contact fouls that have a USC nature to them, that's why I like AB's suggestion of USC PF's like apparently college has.
If they are "2 physical but minor cheap shots", are they "minor", or "cheap?" They aren't both.
"Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence. I am not remotely interested in just being good."
- Vince Lombardi

Offline AlUpstateNY

• FAN REACTION: +341/-919
Re: DB-PF or UNS?
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2015, 04:22:10 PM »
Again I'm referring to the situations where it doesn't rise to the level of ejection.  I've never understood why 2 incidents of gestures or words will result in ejection but 2 physical but minor cheap shots doesn't rise to the same level by rule.  Believe me I understand that if what he has done deserves ejection he gets ejected.  And no I don't want normal PF's included in determining ejection but I think we are all capable of recognizing those contact fouls that have a USC nature to them, that's why I like AB's suggestion of USC PF's like apparently college has. 

As it stands now, the decision as whether, or not, an action by a player rises to the level of earning disqualification rests SOLELY with the game officials and is determined by their JUDGMENT, alone.  We, and we alone, currently have the responsibility and the authority to determine if, or when, any personal foul extends to being "flagrant" in nature or merits disqualification, based solely on the judgment of the calling official., which applies only to that specific situation.