Author Topic: wish my flag had a lanyard  (Read 3338 times)

Offline TxGrayhat

• FAN REACTION: +15/-4
  • T.A.S.O
wish my flag had a lanyard
« on: September 23, 2010, 09:29:22 AM »
Last week I had a play where i threw my flag and immediatly wish i hadn't. Quarterback recieves the snap linebacker goes threw a gapping hole between snapper and guard. The quarterback freezes and starts to go to his left the linebacker reaches out in an attempt to takle him and it results in a decleating closeline. My flag was out in a millisecond and as i feel it leave my hand i think there is not a closeline penalty. It was nasty looking the coach and sideline for the team on offense is shouting FACEMASK the coach for the defense is shouting THATS A HORRIBLE CALL.  The contact was high but was not a facemask he didn't target the head just reached and caught him in the throat. I waved it off. I don't think there is a specific rule about something like this. But at least on this play the quarterback was lucky not to have sustained an injury.. Still at odds with myself about waving it off.     

Opinions?
If you don't see the Football Don't Blow the Whistle!!!

Offline Etref

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +85/-28
  • " I don't make the rules coach!"
Re: wish my flag had a lanyard
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 10:07:14 AM »
Maybe get one of those retractable key chain thingies and hook your flag to it!
" I don't make the rules coach!"

Offline blindref757

• FAN REACTION: +30/-17
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 10:57:28 AM »
That's what I need...a fishing reel on my belt.

Knowing me, I'd forget to release the spool and go to throw my flag...and do a back flip!  We'd need to use the discretionary time-out to fix the backlash!!!

Offline TxGrayhat

• FAN REACTION: +15/-4
  • T.A.S.O
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 11:42:35 AM »
Maybe a magnet as a weight and a big ole cowboy belt buckle. then i could chase after it and catch it before it lands.
If you don't see the Football Don't Blow the Whistle!!!

texref

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 11:55:55 AM »
I don't know. Any blow delivered (he did decleate him) above the shoulders could be considered a Personal foul in my mind. I know it probably wasn't intentional. Would the QB be considered a defenseless player in this example?