Author Topic: From the Coaches - 2012 Version  (Read 29260 times)

Offline TxSkyBolt

• FAN REACTION: +45/-46
Re: From the Coaches - 2012 Version
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2013, 11:52:52 AM »
From over my shoulder "84" Flanker right beside me. I look inside .... Defensive End is #84. Just before the snap the Flanker goes in motion ... at the snap the Offensive tackle hits the Defensive End turns him, then slides off and heads for the Linebacker .... My Flanker plows right into the DE's back .... Flag. Run to my side results in a loss of five yards at my feet and an injured Running Back. Head Coach walks up and asks "Why was that a flag?" "Poor Coaching" "What?" I explain what I saw, then said "watch the film you'll see it just as I described." "Well how is it poor coaching?" "You ride this kid in each practice, get in his head that he must make that block no matter what." "Yeah that's how we teach them." "Do you know what a pick is in basketball?" "Yeah" The Flacker can run up and seeing the numbers on the back, just stop short of the block and simply stand there, the DE will turn into him and all you need is a simple delay so that the DE cannot get an angle on the running back. So no block in the back.  As I said, poor coaching."  Coach thanks me and then proceeds to chew out the Assistant Coach for teaching the running back to play illegally. "Ya know what we call that ? Poor Coaching ! Ain't that right Ref?"

I'm sure

Offline SCHSref

• FAN REACTION: +15/-10
  • In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king
Re: From the Coaches - 2012 Version
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2013, 01:47:23 PM »
Since I am new, I just saw this...

"Hey ref" (I am a LJ)...they yell this 5 or 6 times.  I keep thinking, why are they trying to get the ref's attention all the way out there.  Of course, then I realize they are trying to get mine    :-[

I heard this exchange once

Coach: (railing about a call)
Ref: If you say anything else, I'm going to throw you out of the game
Coach: Will you throw me out for what I think?
Ref: Well, of course not
Coach:  Well, I think you are a f****** idiot

If you didn't see it, you can't call it