Author Topic: Penalty Enforcement ?  (Read 2310 times)

Offline sczeebra

• FAN REACTION: +4/-5
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
Penalty Enforcement ?
« on: November 11, 2018, 07:55:39 AM »
(A) Third and 8 from B's 40. A gains 6yds and is flagged(live ball) for their 2nd sideline warning (no contact just in the box) 5yd penalty. What do we have?

(B) Third and 8 from B's 40. A gains 9yds and is flagged(live ball) for their 2nd sideline warning (no contact just in the box) 5yd penalty. What do we have?

Offline Ralph Damren

• FAN REACTION: +864/-28
  • SEE IT-THINK IT-CALL IT
Re: Penalty Enforcement ?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 08:33:42 AM »
(A) 4th & 7 from B's 41.
(B) 1st & 10 from B's 36.

The rationale is that this illegal act had no baring on the play on the field and should be treated as a dead ball foul (9-8-1k). The play would stand in both situations with dead ball enforcement to follow. In B, where a new series had occurred and the RFP had yet to sound, the chains would be set after the enforcement..

Offline lowtech

• FAN REACTION: +1/-0
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 02:43:41 PM »
(A) 4th & 7 from B's 41.
(B) 1st & 10 from B's 36.

The rationale is that this illegal act had no baring on the play on the field and should be treated as a dead ball foul (9-8-1k). The play would stand in both situations with dead ball enforcement to follow. In B, where a new series had occurred and the RFP had yet to sound, the chains would be set after the enforcement..

Shouldn't A be 4th &7 from B's 39?

Offline FLAHL

• FAN REACTION: +52/-9
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 02:58:27 PM »
Shouldn't A be 4th &7 from B's 39?

Perhaps Ralph is still trying to recover from the ending to the Pats game yesterday.   :sTiR:

Offline Ralph Damren

• FAN REACTION: +864/-28
  • SEE IT-THINK IT-CALL IT
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2018, 09:03:33 AM »
Perhaps Ralph is still trying to recover from the ending to the Pats game yesterday.   :sTiR:
Welcome, Lowtech, to our forum and thanks for the eagle eyes that caught my poor math!  :-[  I hope you find our posts both entertaining and informative. FLAHL, thanks for my excuse but my post but I made it on Veteran's Day - so I can't blame it on the Pats. Although, I will say that Grok will not be playing free safety anytime soon! :puke: