Author Topic: Online quizzes  (Read 7289 times)

Grant - AR

Online quizzes
« on: February 10, 2011, 02:53:12 PM »
I had someone ask me the following question today.  If anyone knows the answer, I'm sure you guys do.   tiphat:

Are there any websites that offer online quizzes or tests to let me see if I'm learning what I need to know?

I thought about the NFHS website, but I didn't see any when I just looked out there.  Of course, I don't have my username and password (I don't remember the last time I logged in there) so I wasn't able to log in.

Thanks!

tow

Re: Online quizzes
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 07:19:41 PM »
Mid Missouri Officials Association,(Columbia,Mo.),http://www.midmorefs.com/, has a nice 25 question quiz,sounds like they plan to post more. Don't have answers posted. Hope that helps.   Tim

cougar729

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 11:16:11 PM »
Good question, i looked for NFHS tests and really couldn't find much.  I actually put together the 25 question quiz. It's mostly made up of the annual quiz from the NASO site and Referee magazine, if anyone would like the answers let me know and/or other sources for NFHS tests.

Offline jlesseig

• FAN REACTION: +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 12:42:08 PM »
In my own effort to educate myself, I have scoured the web for NFHS tests and can offer the following:

2010 Part 1 Test
2010 Part 1 Key
2009 Part 1 Test
2009 Part 2 Test
2009 Part 2 Key
2008 Part 1 Test & Key
2007 Part 1 & 2 Key
2006 Part 1 Test
2006 Part 1 Key

Unfortunately, they are PDFs of such a size that I'm prevented from uploading them to this site.

You can email me and I can zip them up and send them along or maybe we can find a place to post these without the NFHS being too upset.
But dreams don't need to have motion
To keep their spark alive
Obsession has to have action-
Pride turns on the drive

- Mission, Rush

Grant - AR

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 02:38:05 PM »
In my own effort to educate myself, I have scoured the web for NFHS tests and can offer the following:

2010 Part 1 Test
2010 Part 1 Key
2009 Part 1 Test
2009 Part 2 Test
2009 Part 2 Key
2008 Part 1 Test & Key
2007 Part 1 & 2 Key
2006 Part 1 Test
2006 Part 1 Key

Unfortunately, they are PDFs of such a size that I'm prevented from uploading them to this site.

You can email me and I can zip them up and send them along or maybe we can find a place to post these without the NFHS being too upset.

I would love to post them here, but I contacted the NFHS about 5 years ago asking permission and received the following back:

All exams are copyright protected and you would not be allowed to post them to your website. We do not allow links to our website in regards to exams.

I will send another note to ask about past years' tests, but I definitely don't expect permission to be granted.

Offline BIG UMP

• FAN REACTION: +9/-1
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 02:45:40 PM »
Grant, check out GCFOA.org they have the tests scanned and loaded on their web-site. I know.

I know Blah Blah copyright but they can look there. 
Big Ump

"EVERY JOB IS A SELF-PORTRAIT OF THE PERSON WHO DID IT.  AUTOGRAPH YOUR WORK WITH EXCELLENCE."~unknown

Offline bama_stripes

• FAN REACTION: +115/-27
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 08:01:11 AM »
I will send another note to ask about past years' tests, but I definitely don't expect permission to be granted
You kinda get the notion that NFHS is in the book-selling business, rather than the education business.

cougar729

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2011, 10:38:51 AM »
I think that is apparent when you look at how little study material is provided by the NFHS...

VALinesman

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2011, 09:46:25 PM »

I would love to post them here, but I contacted the NFHS about 5 years ago asking permission and received the following back:

All exams are copyright protected and you would not be allowed to post them to your website. We do not allow links to our website in regards to exams.

I will send another note to ask about past years' tests, but I definitely don't expect permission to be granted.

I guess that the NFHS has not heard of the fair use doctrine.

Offline Atlanta Blue

• FAN REACTION: +160/-71
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2011, 09:59:26 AM »
Fair use would allow you to publish an excerpt for educational purposes, not the entire text.

If you could copy the whole thing, then textbooks would be free!

Grant - AR

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011, 08:50:22 AM »
Here is the response I received:

Current and past NFHS exams in all sports are the intellectual property of the NFHS and are copyrighted.  So your request for permission from the NFHS to post our exams on your Web site is denied.

LarryW60

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2011, 09:44:16 AM »
I guess that the NFHS has not heard of the fair use doctrine.
"Fair-Use" for educational purposes can be no more than 10% of the copyrighted work.

RickKY

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2011, 02:54:33 PM »
© 2010, This rules book has been copyrighted by the National Federation of State
High School Associations with the United States Copyright Office. No one may
republish any material contained herein without the prior written consent of the NFHS.
Republication of all or any portion of this rules book on the Internet is expressly prohibited.
Published by the NATIONAL FEDERATION OF STATE HIGH SCHOOL ASSOCIATIONS,
PO Box 690, Indianapolis, Indiana 46206; Phone: 317-972-6900, Fax: 317.822.5700,
www.nfhs.org. Cover photos courtesy of Kim Jew Photography, New Mexico.

I can tell you first hand they do not grant this permission easily.  I wanted to post the rule book and other publications on our association web site, but was denied permission.  I suggest you post links to the documents on the NFHS website if they are found there.