Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
Texas Topics / Re: TASO Off-Season Webinar
« Last post by ElvisLives on March 02, 2024, 10:58:12 AM »
Honestly, that’s not much of a threat. In fact, I hope a coach does “take it to the UIL”. I mean, they don’t exactly have any ground to stand on.

Coach: He told me I couldn’t stand there.

UIL: Where was he standing?

Official: In the restricted area.

UIL: Case dismissed.

A coach trying to take this complaint to the UIL would honestly be the best thing that could happen as far as helping us police sidelines because it would force UIL to stand behind the rule. Their only other option would be to publicly state that they care more about a coach’s preference than they do about the safety of officials.

The

The more correct word would be “admit.”
« Last post by Legacy Zebra on March 02, 2024, 10:49:26 AM »
Honestly, that’s not much of a threat. In fact, I hope a coach does “take it to the UIL”. I mean, they don’t exactly have any ground to stand on.

Coach: He told me I couldn’t stand there.

UIL: Where was he standing?

Official: In the restricted area.

UIL: Case dismissed.

A coach trying to take this complaint to the UIL would honestly be the best thing that could happen as far as helping us police sidelines because it would force UIL to stand behind the rule. Their only other option would be to publicly state that they care more about a coach’s preference than they do about the safety of officials.

The
National Federation Discussion / Any Movement Toward...
« Last post by bama_stripes on March 02, 2024, 06:33:39 AM »
...allowing electronic communications devices in NFHS?  NCAA has proposed the NFL rule of one on both offense and defense.

NFHS baseball now allows one-way electronic communication for calling pitches.
NCAA Discussion / Re: Flags for uniform violations part of new rules proposals
« Last post by Grant - AR on March 01, 2024, 04:10:09 PM »
I'm not - they're moving the wrong direction.  They've decided that the problem is that officials are to blame for not enforcing the rule well enough as written, so let's make it even more punitive and stringent in the hopes that they will.  No acknowledgement or ownership of the problem from the NCAA or coaching side, or their role in how we got to this point.

They need to just say kneepads are optional at your own risk, and be done with it. This rule change won't move the needle, at all; if anything, it's the wrong direction.

I agree.  Coaches are on the rules committee and they can't tell their players to dress appropriately (can't make the players mad anymore because they will just enter the portal).  So, they push it down to us.  When a player is flagged for his uniform, the coach will just say, "I don't know what's up with those officials or why they care about your uniform.  Just fix it and play on."  The coaches need us to be the bad guys...again. 
« Last post by dammitbobby on March 01, 2024, 03:29:20 PM »
I'm not - they're moving the wrong direction.  They've decided that the problem is that officials are to blame for not enforcing the rule well enough as written, so let's make it even more punitive and stringent in the hopes that they will.  No acknowledgement or ownership of the problem from the NCAA or coaching side, or their role in how we got to this point.

They need to just say kneepads are optional at your own risk, and be done with it. This rule change won't move the needle, at all; if anything, it's the wrong direction.
« Last post by AlUpstateNY on March 01, 2024, 02:50:14 PM »
Just another failed rule change. Until the conferences and the NCAA hit folks in the pocketbook, nothing will change about uniforms.
But wait. With NIL, shouldn’t these players now be liable for fines? Hmmm. What a concept.

Sadly, gambling has made it into NCAA. No one cares about “analytics” except gamblers/bettors. So, there you have it.

Glad to hear they're considering it, before the nonsense falls down to the HS and Youth levels, before we reach the "padded bikini" bottoms level.
« Last post by ElvisLives on March 01, 2024, 02:30:23 PM »
Just another failed rule change. Until the conferences and the NCAA hit folks in the pocketbook, nothing will change about uniforms.
But wait. With NIL, shouldn’t these players now be liable for fines? Hmmm. What a concept.

Sadly, gambling has made it into NCAA. No one cares about “analytics” except gamblers/bettors. So, there you have it.

NCAA Discussion / Flags for uniform violations part of new rules proposals
« Last post by dammitbobby on March 01, 2024, 02:10:44 PM »
Looks like they want us to flag uniform violations, particularly pants? 

That''ll be fun.

https://www.ncaa.org/news/2024/3/1/media-center-football-rules-committee-proposes-technology-rules.aspx

Uniforms
In recent years, the committee has expressed concerns about the look of players' uniforms, specifically pants. The committee is proposing a stronger enforcement structure for clear violations of the rule. On the first violation, a flag would be thrown to indicate a warning for illegal equipment, and the offending player would have to leave the game for at least one play and could return when the issue is corrected. 

Any subsequent uniform violation by any member of that team would result in a timeout being charged to the team. If a team is out of timeouts, it would receive a 5-yard delay-of-game penalty.

« Last post by Etref on March 01, 2024, 11:11:13 AM »
I always felt that even if “that” coach didn’t want me, I would have a game somewhere on Friday night.
« Last post by Etref on February 29, 2024, 11:06:36 AM »
Well said!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]