Author Topic: Week 1 Brackets  (Read 46265 times)

Offline TxSkyBolt

• FAN REACTION: +45/-46
Week 1 Brackets
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2013, 11:39:37 AM »
Found it...373 which is a premium channel I dont have.  Will have to watch the replay on 26 at midnight.

Offline clearwall

• FAN REACTION: +14/-13
Re: Week 1 Brackets
« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2013, 05:13:27 PM »
No major mishaps yet. Both the first dallas crew (led by Michael Drybred) and the Abilene crew (David Hullum) have done a great job. Fully expect Randy Wilson and his San Antonio boys to represent well. Yoe vs Wall appears to be a match between completely opposite offenses.

Offline TxSkyBolt

• FAN REACTION: +45/-46
« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2013, 06:20:33 PM »
Only thing that I noticed was in the first game, ball carriers helmet came off after he was driven OOB and he stayed in the game.

Second game looked like no flag for Free Kick OOB.

Offline fencewire

• FAN REACTION: +20/-74
« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2013, 06:52:18 PM »
Saw the same things TSB...

Offline clearwall

• FAN REACTION: +14/-13
« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2013, 08:18:17 PM »
Only thing that I noticed was in the first game, ball carriers helmet came off after he was driven OOB and he stayed in the game.

Second game looked like no flag for Free Kick OOB.

Yeah, they talked about the helmet at half. Apparently they thought the helmet came off after he was OOB and didn't take him out.

The kick OOB, everyone on the home side thought the same thing, but apparently the L ruled that team B had touched the kick before it went out

Offline TXMike

• FAN REACTION: +229/-265
  • When you quit learning you quit living
« Reply #80 on: December 19, 2013, 08:21:59 PM »
Does not matter if it came off when he was OOB.  It was still part of the continuing action

Offline Etref

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +85/-28
  • " I don't make the rules coach!"
« Reply #81 on: December 19, 2013, 09:30:25 PM »
Dallas crew doing a good job so far in late game.
" I don't make the rules coach!"

Offline 940AC

• FAN REACTION: +2/-0
« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2013, 09:09:50 PM »
Katy - C Hill
Don't get beat to the EZ  :!#

Offline Etref

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2013, 11:47:13 PM »
Many Kudos to the H from Abilene that gave a sideline warning!

Offline TXMike

« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2013, 11:58:31 PM »
Yep we trained in his early yeArs. Would have been nice to have a R in a champ game who knew how to signal the penalty and announce it correctly

tx29

« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2013, 08:58:32 AM »
There were a couple of things in the Allen game.  In the 3rd there was a completed pass beyond the LOS and a foul for D-Holding.  They declined the penalty.? We were on the field with no access to IR so I was wondering about the enforcement. 

There was also a foul after an interception in the 2nd half and the kid ran back across the field with the ball and got to his side about the numbers and spiked the ball.  About :30 seconds later and some discussion, the U lays a flag on the ground and they proceed to penalize them for a 5yd DOG.  I thought is was definitely a USC.  Anyone see these on tv?  I didn't dvr it.

Offline TXMike

« Reply #86 on: December 22, 2013, 09:24:45 AM »
I had turned away so was wondering if that was a run or pass. If it was a pass then it makes sense since they made more than 10 yds as I recall

On the interception I think they made the right decision.   It was youthful exuberance.  Kid did not spike the  but definitely delYed the game by his actions.

Offline Etref

• Administrator
« Reply #87 on: December 22, 2013, 12:59:12 PM »
Katy - C Hill
Don't get beat to the EZ  :!#

Was at the game, B came up anticipating the runner going down. Ball popped out into arms of a player in full sprint. B had no chance to recover.

Offline TXMike

« Reply #88 on: December 22, 2013, 01:41:58 PM »
From what I have seen this weekend we have many B's who are starting 25 - 30, and backing even further at the snap.  That would not be all that bad if they were still getting  out to the sidelines on long gains. But we are not doing that either.  We do not have 7 man crews yet and some of our B's need to get back to 5man mech basics. 

Offline Etref

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: December 22, 2013, 02:23:08 PM »
We noted that a lot Sat. also.

Offline Joe Stack

• FAN REACTION: +33/-46
« Reply #90 on: December 22, 2013, 02:35:12 PM »
I think all the crews did a nice job. There's always, of course, room for improvement, though. A couple of things I noticed over the two days I was there: as mentioned, the BJ isn't staying with the play -- he's too concerned about getting beat, and a lot of plays were effectively being worked 4 man; and some sideline control issues, particularly Friday.

Offline Chiefump

• FAN REACTION: +1/-5
« Reply #91 on: December 22, 2013, 04:03:10 PM »
Did anyone notice that the U. & B on the Austin crew lined up on the wrong side on kick offs?

Offline TXMike

« Reply #92 on: December 30, 2013, 07:39:02 AM »
I did not see that but if they did it I suspect it was for the same reason another crew I am familiar with decided to unilaterally revert to the previous mechanics of the U taking the ball out to the kicker.  They did that because they believed it was problematic getting the sideline cleared (and kept cleared) pre-KO when there was only 1 person up near the 50 and he was out there giving the ball to the kicker.  In the case of the crew I am familiar with, they contributed to their own problem by not pausing at the 20's for the 45 seconds after the PAT before moving up the sideline to their respective restraining lines.   That being said, it might be worth the mechanics committee looking at swapping the U and B so there will be someone on the sideline near each team area while the ball is being given to the kicker. I like that a whole lot more than having most of our U's handling the ball chores.

Offline Etref

• Administrator
« Reply #93 on: December 30, 2013, 11:39:53 AM »
I did not see that but if they did it I suspect it was for the same reason another crew I am familiar with decided to unilaterally revert to the previous mechanics of the U taking the ball out to the kicker.  They did that because they believed it was problematic getting the sideline cleared (and kept cleared) pre-KO when there was only 1 person up near the 50 and he was out there giving the ball to the kicker.  In the case of the crew I am familiar with, they contributed to their own problem by not pausing at the 20's for the 45 seconds after the PAT before moving up the sideline to their respective restraining lines.   That being said, it might be worth the mechanics committee looking at swapping the U and B so there will be someone on the sideline near each team area while the ball is being given to the kicker. I like that a whole lot more than having most of our U's handling the ball chores.

The problem with that mechanic is you would have the U on push mechanics to the goal line

Offline Chiefump

« Reply #94 on: December 30, 2013, 03:30:17 PM »
The Austin crew still had the B take the ball to the kicker.  The U stayed on the LJ sideline and did not come in to the numbers after the ball was kicked. The B came in to numbers several times.  It looked like the R noticed it on the second kickoff and said something to the U but they never changed.

Offline DallasLJ

• FAN REACTION: +16/-15
« Reply #95 on: December 30, 2013, 03:36:15 PM »
The Austin crew still had the B take the ball to the kicker.  The U stayed on the LJ sideline and did not come in to the numbers after the ball was kicked. The B came in to numbers several times.  It looked like the R noticed it on the second kickoff and said something to the U but they never changed.
  That sounds like 5 hand picked officials and not a "crew".

Offline mishatx

• FAN REACTION: +28/-11
  • Free Agent
« Reply #96 on: December 30, 2013, 10:56:34 PM »
The Austin crew was a "crew".  We have a few crews that have experimented with the kickoff mechanics - one that gets a lot of chatter during film reviews is the one that switches the B and L.

Offline Chiefump

« Reply #97 on: December 31, 2013, 11:10:54 AM »
So much for consistency!  If crews are allowed to freelance, why do we need a mechanics manual?

Offline TXMike

« Reply #98 on: December 31, 2013, 11:24:40 AM »
Don't know if this is tfe case in this situation but chapters can request okay to use experimental mechanics and report results to TASO

Offline Cowman52

• FAN REACTION: +7/-2
« Reply #99 on: December 31, 2013, 07:31:46 PM »
Some have been experimenting for years.