Author Topic: BLINK OF AN EYE AND ITS OVER  (Read 2762 times)

Offline sir55

• FAN REACTION: +12/-5
BLINK OF AN EYE AND ITS OVER
« on: November 08, 2017, 09:59:55 AM »
It seems like it was just last week that we were studying the new rules and mechanics, getting ready for the new season, and now its already the 2nd week of the playoffs and the season will be over in a little over 3 weeks. 38 years of doing this and I can never get over how fast the season goes. For all the younger officials, enjoy every minute of doing this, don't get bogged down in the "I gotcha crap" and have fun. Because this great avocation is over in a "blink of an eye."

Offline TexDoc

• FAN REACTION: +98/-26
Re: BLINK OF AN EYE AND ITS OVER
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 10:07:05 AM »
Well said.  30th year for me and as soon as the season is over I'm anxious for it to start again.   ^good

Offline Rulesman

• Past Keeper of the Keys
  • Refstripes Hero
  • FAN REACTION: +65535/-2
  • Live like tomorrow never comes.
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 10:40:59 AM »
 :thumbup  :thumbup
"Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence. I am not remotely interested in just being good."
- Vince Lombardi

Offline goodgrr

• Roger Goodgroves
  • FAN REACTION: +13/-12
  • We are always learning
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 02:22:25 PM »
You guys need to move to the UK, we have college season starting now through spring and then the city leagues from Spring to August :-)

Offline Ralph Damren

• FAN REACTION: +864/-28
  • SEE IT-THINK IT-CALL IT
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 07:21:52 AM »
Started this in 1969 and now, as the season draws to a close, I often wonder if it will be my last. I feel great right now but, at age 72, I can only hope I'll feel the same next August.  As the football season ends in Maine, the Winter season begins and I'm happy to spend more time in Florida than the frozen tundra of my beloved Maine. A Floridian buddy ,upon turning 90, told me last year of his morning ritual :
  (1) Put in false teeth;
  (2) kiss his wife;
  (3) thank God for another day.

tiphat:

PS : We gather our officiating buddies around a watering hole once ,every other month, and chat about such things as :

(1) Questions on NFHS Questionnaire;
(2) new rules;
(3) how 'bout THEM PATRIOTS...

You may wish to consider only the first two  :)