Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
I’m not sure I see the UIL taking the 2 minute warning unless they take other timing rules with it. It’s kind of hard to justify an extra timeout when you’re still stopping the clock on first downs all game and the clock is on the snap on OOB plays all game.
I think the UIL will also accept the change to horse-collar tackle in the tackle-box now being a foul.

Yes, I concur.
Texas Topics / Re: PROP Approved Rules changes - now we wait for the UIL
« Last post by bctgp on Today at 03:16:56 PM »
I think the UIL will also accept the change to horse-collar tackle in the tackle-box now being a foul.
Texas Topics / PROP Approved Rules changes - now we wait for the UIL
« Last post by ElvisLives on Today at 01:30:45 PM »
https://www.ncaa.org/news/2024/4/19/media-center-technology-rules-approved-in-football.aspx

Here are the PROP Approved Rules Changes. Now we wait to see what exceptions, if any, the UIL will take to these changes. My guess is that the UIL will approve the 2-minute T/O in 2nd/4th periods, but take exception to everything else.

The PROP rejected additional rule change to uniforms. So, no change there for UIL for 2024. So, we'll still see bermuda shorts, and no one will do anything about it, including us. Status quo. End of story for 2024.
NCAA Discussion / PROP approved rules changes
« Last post by ElvisLives on Today at 01:20:37 PM »
https://www.ncaa.org/news/2024/4/19/media-center-technology-rules-approved-in-football.aspx

They rejected the proposed change to uniform rules. I think they saw that adding more rules for officials to try to enforce won't change anything. Beyond that, don't know what they think. But, at some point, they gotta realize that nothing will change until the coaches/institutions make it happen,

General Discussion / Re: UFL
« Last post by ElvisLives on Today at 08:36:28 AM »
I'm not sure if I should feel sadness or gladness that news travels slowly to your neck of the woods. I'm kinda thinkin' I'd like to not know some things happenin' in this country and world. So, forgive me if I spoiled your day.
By the way, Truman defeated Dewey. ;)

« Last post by Ralph Damren on Today at 06:49:44 AM »
Ralph, forgive me if I am being patronistic, but, the XFL and the USFL merged to form the UFL.
I'm schocked  :!# to hear of the merger  pray:; , it was newver mentioned in the Bangor Daily (S)news  :o. I assume a merger of rules came into play. IMHO, the highlight of either league was XFL's coin toss being replaced by two big ole' Bubbas diving for a loose football.  tR:oLl
« Last post by ElvisLives on Yesterday at 09:40:08 PM »
Is the XFL still in town  ??? ??? ??? If so, a matchup  between the two champs might draw some  nAnA to their TVs .The new NFHS Rules Book should be out soon, and the Case Book with some cases dealing with the rule change on color of home jerseys. :bOW

Ralph, forgive me if I am being patronistic, but, the XFL and the USFL merged to form the UFL.
« Last post by zebraboy on Yesterday at 04:39:58 PM »
The two champs played each other week one, don't think it helped their ratings very much! 
« Last post by Ralph Damren on Yesterday at 07:28:21 AM »
Is the XFL still in town  ??? ??? ??? If so, a matchup  between the two champs might draw some  nAnA to their TVs .The new NFHS Rules Book should be out soon, and the Case Book with some cases dealing with the rule change on color of home jerseys. :bOW
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10