Author Topic: Bless the TV Crew  (Read 4343 times)

Offline yarnnelg

• FAN REACTION: +55/-37
Bless the TV Crew
« on: October 24, 2015, 09:59:38 PM »
Our crew was dinged up. HL bad knee, Back Judge twisted ankle. So I get volunteered. Switch to Back Judge to beat the running back to the end zone. We have the running back with more yards per game than any other High School Back. Private Schools, this kid is a man amoung boys. TV game. Kid running over defensive players. Late second quarter break away, 75 yards, dragged down at the five. I come out of my sprint at the goal line. "Great run 45 " "Great tackle 36!" "Leave the ball on the ground, use the ground to get up." I set the ball at the hash on the 5. Umpire arrives, "Ball in bounds, first and goal, rock and roll on the ready." Back to the end line waiting. Teams arrive, huddles, (our White Hat is short. Half the time I can't see him) whistle, hit the watch 26 seconds bleep, bleep, bleep, no one moving, Whistle, flag. Umpire turns and yells " Ray! Injury timeout! Look!" 50 yards away they are working on a player. I'm looking at the ground and my flag. Over my shoulder "I bet you are really embarassed." Jump about four feet in the air. Look back, camera man. "Nope, just trying to figure out how I can fit my fat butt underneath this pylon." "Don't worry, we are on a commercial break, no cameras rolling." Half time in the locker room. White Hat can't help himself "So let me get this straight, delay of game, on the paramedics?"

Offline Aussie-Zebra

• FAN REACTION: +8/-3
  • Australian Gridiron Officials Association
    • Gridironwest
Re: Bless the TV Crew
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 06:06:17 AM »
Did you wave it off ?  LOL
For every coach that thinks we got it wrong there's another that thinks we got it right.

Offline LAZebra

• FAN REACTION: +4/-1
Re: Bless the TV Crew
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 12:00:14 PM »
Our crew was dinged up. HL bad knee, Back Judge twisted ankle. So I get volunteered. Switch to Back Judge to beat the running back to the end zone. We have the running back with more yards per game than any other High School Back. Private Schools, this kid is a man amoung boys. TV game. Kid running over defensive players. Late second quarter break away, 75 yards, dragged down at the five. I come out of my sprint at the goal line. "Great run 45 " "Great tackle 36!" "Leave the ball on the ground, use the ground to get up." I set the ball at the hash on the 5. Umpire arrives, "Ball in bounds, first and goal, rock and roll on the ready." Back to the end line waiting. Teams arrive, huddles, (our White Hat is short. Half the time I can't see him) whistle, hit the watch 26 seconds bleep, bleep, bleep, no one moving, Whistle, flag. Umpire turns and yells " Ray! Injury timeout! Look!" 50 yards away they are working on a player. I'm looking at the ground and my flag. Over my shoulder "I bet you are really embarassed." Jump about four feet in the air. Look back, camera man. "Nope, just trying to figure out how I can fit my fat butt underneath this pylon." "Don't worry, we are on a commercial break, no cameras rolling." Half time in the locker room. White Hat can't help himself "So let me get this straight, delay of game, on the paramedics?"

I flagged the ball boy for delay once! ^flag
None of these fans paid to see us