Author Topic: NFHS- Def Penalty and UNS on Off penalty enforcement????  (Read 5089 times)

Offline BoBo

• FAN REACTION: +1/-1
NFHS- Def Penalty and UNS on Off penalty enforcement????
« on: September 13, 2013, 01:31:34 PM »
1st and 10 on B45

A22 takes handoff and breaks it to the end zone.

B55 blocks A88 below the waist at the B30

A22 at the B5 starts to high step into the end zone and scores a touchdown

Enforcement??

Offline FLAHL

• FAN REACTION: +52/-9
Re: NFHS- Def Penalty and UNS on Off penalty enforcement????
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 02:03:38 PM »
I'll give it a shot...
Touchdown counts as B's live ball foul and A's USC do not offset.  A first has the choice of enforcement of B's illegal block on the try on the kickoff.  The USC for high stepping will be enforced on the kickoff.  If A chooses enforcement on the try, the try will be from the 1 1/2 yard line and the ensuing kickoff will be from K's 25.  If A chooses enforcement on the kickoff, they will kick from the K 35. (Enforce 10 yards against B/R for the low block, then move back 15 for the USC.)

Just looked it up.  B would also have a choice of enforcement of the USC on the try or on the kickoff.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 02:08:05 PM by FLAHL »

Offline BoBo

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 02:10:20 PM »
Thats what i thought too but state advisor is saying if you only have a UNS on A for high stepping or whatever you can only enforce on the succeeding spot PAT, dont have books but going to find them now

Offline FLAHL

• FAN REACTION: +52/-9
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 02:23:28 PM »
I don't have the rule book with me either, but I have Redding's.  Here's what it says on page 145: "Nonplayer or unsportsmanlike fouls (live-ball fouls enforced as dead-ball fouls) by either team that occur during the play may also be enforced on either the try or the subsequent kickoff."

Offline HLinNC

• FAN REACTION: +133/-24
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 02:37:27 PM »
8-2-ART. 4 . . .  If either team commits an unsportsmanlike conduct or a nonplayer foul during a down in which a touchdown is scored, the opponent may accept the results of the play and choose enforcement of the pe nalty:

a. On the try, or

b. On the subsequent kickoff.

Offline bama_stripes

• FAN REACTION: +115/-27
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 06:16:41 AM »
The TD stands, & the fouls will be enforced in the order of occurrence.  A may take the 15-yd penalty for BBW on the try or ensuing KO.  Once A has made their decision, B may now take the 15-yd USC on the try or KO.

Offline BoBo

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2013, 08:02:47 AM »
Thanks everyone. I finally got home found the rule and called back to state association. AFter a short conversation I finally go them to agree to what we have all said on here.

This site rocks. 

maven

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2013, 09:03:45 AM »
Thats what i thought too but state advisor is saying if you only have a UNS on A for high stepping or whatever you can only enforce on the succeeding spot PAT, dont have books but going to find them now

I suspect he might have read the ruling for UNS during a score on the last play of regulation. Any time there won't be a kickoff, the try is the succeeding spot.

He then mistakenly glommed onto that as a general rule.

Offline FBUmp

• FAN REACTION: +77/-38
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2013, 09:45:40 AM »
I suspect he might have read the ruling for UNS during a score on the last play of regulation. Any time there won't be a kickoff, the try is the succeeding spot.

He then mistakenly glommed onto that as a general rule.

Or he was thinking of the situation we had last night.  On the try, B3 stood over the snapper and yelled "HUT! HUT! HUT!" and was flagged for USC.  That foul must be assessed on the try since it came after the ready whistle.