Author Topic: Official Uniform-Black Pants  (Read 16018 times)

dureace

Official Uniform-Black Pants
« on: January 17, 2010, 04:35:31 PM »
What do people think about this Black Pants as part of the official uniform.

BudLightRef

Re: Official Uniform-Black Pants
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 06:34:47 PM »
Like them. Can't see through them for those that wear white UA shorts under their white pants and they hide all the nacho cheese stains from half.

Hate those white UA shorts. Get black guys.

Offline JugglingReferee

• FAN REACTION: +40/-15
  • Ἰησοῦς Χριστός, Θεοῦ Υἱός, Σωτήρ
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 07:47:46 PM »
I like them, but I think the cost will be reason to laugh.

Personally, I'll be looking to purchasing them from the US.

QCZEBRA

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 11:31:12 PM »
Is the CFOA implementing them into our uniform?

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 08:05:42 AM »
Is the CFOA implementing them into our uniform?

Thinkin' about it ...

Anorak

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 08:45:57 AM »
Thinkin' about it ...

Ick. If I wanted to look like a broomball ref, I'd go ref broomball.

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 10:13:10 PM »
Ick. If I wanted to look like a broomball ref, I'd go ref broomball.

Faugh. Your wife does the washing, doesn't she?

83andlearning

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 10:55:00 PM »
I like the idea, I heard that it was for inclement weather which is perfect because I have to do my own laundry and those mud stains are hard to get out!  I also like the idea of the 1 piece sock rather than the stirrups... what do you guys think?

QCZEBRA

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 12:53:37 AM »
I like the idea, I heard that it was for inclement weather which is perfect because I have to do my own laundry and those mud stains are hard to get out!  I also like the idea of the 1 piece sock rather than the stirrups... what do you guys think?

Here in Quebec we are allowed to wear one piece socks if everyone on the crew has them and agrees to wear them. I am assuming it is a matter of time until we will be wearing them full time.

Anorak

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 11:05:47 AM »
I like the idea, I heard that it was for inclement weather which is perfect because I have to do my own laundry and those mud stains are hard to get out!  I also like the idea of the 1 piece sock rather than the stirrups... what do you guys think?

Since I'm in Quebec, too, I wear the one-piece most of the time. I'm not a fan of them.

Eventually the white part of the sock is going to be impossible to clean or give out, and I figure I'll end up buying a new pair every couple of years.

With stirrups, OTOH, I've only had three sets in 15 years (and the first one was a hand-me-down). Plain white socks are cheap and plentiful and I had the option to change them out between games (or at halftime) if necessary.

No Fair Catch

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010, 09:35:06 PM »
Since I'm in Quebec, too, I wear the one-piece most of the time. I'm not a fan of them.

Eventually the white part of the sock is going to be impossible to clean or give out, and I figure I'll end up buying a new pair every couple of years.

With stirrups, OTOH, I've only had three sets in 15 years (and the first one was a hand-me-down). Plain white socks are cheap and plentiful and I had the option to change them out between games (or at halftime) if necessary.

Agreed - I think sales of the one-piece socks will go up a lot more than sales of stirrups do!

nolary

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 10:33:51 AM »

Agreed.  I also think the stirrups look nicer.

SaskBucks

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2010, 02:44:51 PM »
I have never worn the black pants but I would guess that they are more comfortable than knickers.  In the cold and wind it would be nice to be able to layer more effectively and the black pants allow for that.  I like the look of them as well. 
I played baseball for a long time and always hated the stirrup socks.  The one piece sock IMO is much more comfortable and looks better.  If they get dirty, buy a new pair.  At $10 per season I would think it's affordable. 

keystone

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2010, 12:32:30 PM »
It would be nice to have black pants in November at the Gordie Howe Bowl.  I was never able to get the mud out of my white pants.

83andlearning

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2010, 02:09:53 AM »
That is why the Hilltops wear there blue at home... less washing... Sarge has to get a new pair of shoes after the game though after walking halfway onto the field in all that mud!

DeeJayPea

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2010, 10:07:54 AM »
I agree.  The stirrup socks are much better looking.  As for the black pants...  If it's for inclement weather I'm all for it.  If it's going be a total change over as regular uniform, no thanks.

nolary

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2010, 06:00:43 PM »
Rujmor is that the CFL is going with nthe black this season.

SaskBucks

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2010, 02:07:18 PM »
They are.

nolary

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2010, 07:35:18 PM »
I also hear they may wear the CFL logo on the front of their caps.

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2011, 08:23:02 PM »
Canucks - what's the update on black pants?

NBFOA has moved to black pants as standard attire. Any other associations making the similar move?

This is for a buddy of mine on the Wet Coast who wants his association to go black-pants-only.

Offline JugglingReferee

• FAN REACTION: +40/-15
  • Ἰησοῦς Χριστός, Θεοῦ Υἱός, Σωτήρ
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2011, 08:30:09 PM »
My local association has gone to black pants for foul weather only.  However, there is a "broad interpretation" of what foul weather is.  Personally, I like the pants a lot.  I'd vote the knickers out as soon as I can, if I had a vote.  I'd also just as quickly vote in 2" stripes on the shirts.

However, any permanent uniform changes need a 2- or 3-year advance notice so that people can get sufficient use out of clothing that would become obsolete.

CanuckHL24

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2011, 10:19:39 PM »
Yep- we have also all purchased them here in Calgary for "foul weather". We also will be using them for
Junior Varsity High School games which are played at the schools rather than Shouldice athletic Park so
no place to change at the schools often. (guys end up changing in their cars or the parking lot so we wear black long pants for these games.) I believe they were ordered out of the US for a decent price but not sure who the supplier was.