Author Topic: A Texas Flavor to the "Texas" Super Bowl!  (Read 3146 times)

Offline Arbitrator

• Chief Manor Road Pig Poker
  • FAN REACTION: +7/-10
A Texas Flavor to the "Texas" Super Bowl!
« on: January 18, 2011, 07:14:19 AM »
 ^flag

Received word that Walt Anderson has been named to be the Referee for the 2011 Super Bowl @ JerryWorld, and that Tommy Moore and Bud Alexander will respectively be the Replay and Video Officials for that game. Congratulations are definitely in order for for these fine gentlemen.

And as someone pointed out to me earlier in that communique, none of these fine officials have ever received as much as one minutes worth of training from the UIL!

Congratulations, guys! You'll definitely do Texas, Houston, and TASO proud!   z^

Offline Welpe

• FAN REACTION: +28/-11
Re: A Texas Flavor to the "Texas" Super Bowl!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 07:52:03 AM »

And as someone pointed out to me earlier in that communique, none of these fine officials have ever received as much as one minutes worth of training from the UIL!

I saw that line in the e-mail and just had to smile.

refereebrent

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 07:54:05 AM »
Congratulations, guys! You'll definitely do Texas, Houston, and TASO proud!  
I could not agree more Keith. These are great officials and even better gentlemen. Walter taught my new officials class back in 1993, and a few years ago Bud was an observer of my crew at Blinn. And Tommy is just about as great a guy as you will ever meet, and I am honored to call him a friend.
A great day and honor for TASO and TASO Houston Football. We will all be watcing and wishing we were with you.
If you have any extra tickets you have my email guys!

Offline Etref

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +85/-28
  • " I don't make the rules coach!"
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 12:48:35 PM »
The only thing that would be better would be to have an all TASO trained crew ( Steenson, Wash, etc, etc)

" I don't make the rules coach!"