Author Topic: Final Regular Season Game  (Read 3204 times)

wvoref

Final Regular Season Game
« on: November 05, 2014, 11:55:07 AM »
Friday night marked the final regular season game for our crew. The entire crew decided 3 years ago that 2014 would be our final year and we would all go out together. Combined 141 years of experience on the
field. Four of us will be working together in at least one playoff game and our 5 man crew that night will have 154 years of experience.  Have found this board very helpful in coming on it to find play situations to present as Rules Interpreter for our association so just wanted to say thanks and keep up the good work.  ^good

shooter1

Re: Final Regular Season Game
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 12:10:08 PM »
Tremendous that you fellows gave of yourselves for the good of young people all those years---what is the age range of your crew.
Friday nights you may get a little goofy--need to explain to your lovely that you are just coming off the drug called "officiating football".

Congrats!

Offline Etref

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +85/-28
  • " I don't make the rules coach!"
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 04:05:15 PM »
Friday night marked the final regular season game for our crew. The entire crew decided 3 years ago that 2014 would be our final year and we would all go out together. Combined 141 years of experience on the
field. Four of us will be working together in at least one playoff game and our 5 man crew that night will have 154 years of experience.  Have found this board very helpful in coming on it to find play situations to present as Rules Interpreter for our association so just wanted to say thanks and keep up the good work.  ^good

Keep involved, goe to some games and observe crews for the chapter, be HUDL evaluators.
" I don't make the rules coach!"

Offline bama_stripes

• FAN REACTION: +115/-27
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 04:06:36 PM »
Congrats to you all -- keep involved on the board!

Offline Rulesman

• Past Keeper of the Keys
  • Refstripes Hero
  • FAN REACTION: +65535/-2
  • Live like tomorrow never comes.
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 09:32:07 AM »
OMG! This was my crew 2 years ago. Parting is such sweet sorrow, but there is nothing better then to be able to leave on your own terms. Have a blast with the playoff games left!
"Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence. I am not remotely interested in just being good."
- Vince Lombardi

Online Ralph Damren

• FAN REACTION: +865/-28
  • SEE IT-THINK IT-CALL IT
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 09:41:29 AM »
Congrats, WVOref, hope you'll stay active in the game - maybe as Webbie's assistant (inside joke :)) .Enjoy your remaining games to the fullest and remember - it'll be much warmer ,as an observer, bundled up in the stands or in the heated pressbox! tiphat:

Offline SCHSref

• FAN REACTION: +15/-10
  • In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 01:45:14 PM »

Congrats on being able to do this for so many years.  Since I started late, I won't be able to put up those experience numbers.  I'm waiting to do my first varsity game...looks like I might get the chance in year 3   :-[
If you didn't see it, you can't call it