Author Topic: SAT crew in 3aD1  (Read 34623 times)

Offline first_year_guy

• FAN REACTION: +18/-74
  • call what you see, see what you call
Re: SAT crew in 3aD1
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2015, 07:27:13 PM »
you're going off a play in a bulletin from 2012...........................ok
whats CFO?

Offline Birddog

• FAN REACTION: +2/-2
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2015, 08:08:53 PM »
Brock tried to run the hide out on a punt that really didn't fool anyone.  Did they give you guys a heads up about the play in pregame, just curious.  Congrats to the crew on a great game.

Offline TxSkyBolt

• FAN REACTION: +45/-46
SAT crew in 3aD1
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2015, 08:17:58 PM »

you're going off a play in a bulletin from 2012...........................ok
whats CFO?

It's analogous to case law third-year-guy. If you (and/or your chapter) are not reading these, that's not good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Txgarza

• FAN REACTION: +2/-3
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2015, 08:19:42 PM »
I am suprised that a state crew does not have placards.  Does not affect performance but just unusual.

A question:  Why do the wing guys wind a running clock when the runner is down halfway to the numbers?

Wearing placards to me is the equivalent of wearing Nike shoes or reebok shoes a couple of years ago. NFL does it so we'll do it. Like you said it doesn't make us better. Also I was one who pushed for placards a couple of years ago. Now I'm fine without them.

Offline first_year_guy

« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2015, 08:27:16 PM »
It's analogous to case law third-year-guy. If you (and/or your chapter) are not reading these, that's not good.

We are just going to have to agree to disagree, football is pretty easy, college mimics the pros, high school mimics college, stemming has become really big in the college ranks and is allowed when its done how I described, I see what this high school team did as legal, teams stem to get into a different position and obviously to hopefully have a offfense (that knows the count) jump early, that alone does not make it illegal...anyway thanks skybolt for recognizing my years in despite my name....every year counts

Offline TxSkyBolt

• FAN REACTION: +45/-46
SAT crew in 3aD1
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2015, 08:29:36 PM »
But please find that bulletin. It is law in Texas HS football just like it is in the NCAA. The specific play you're calling legal is illegal in the bulletin play.

Offline FatboyHL

SAT crew in 3aD1
« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2015, 08:34:35 PM »
I beg to differ on the philosophy of stemming.  The defense stems just as an offense runs motion or flip formation to change the look or technique. To stem to make an offensive play move is a foul plan and simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TXMike

• FAN REACTION: +229/-265
  • When you quit learning you quit living
« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2015, 08:36:54 PM »
There are none as blind as those who refuse to see

Offline first_year_guy

« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2015, 08:37:28 PM »
I googled it and couldn't find it...my generation is lazy...
The play I saw was legal bullitein or no bulletin...I have film to go ahead and back that up as well, now I don't know what was said so can not speak to that but the movement was legal

Offline TXMike

« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2015, 08:44:45 PM »
That is the point.  None of us are saying stemming itself is illegal.  It is what accompanies it

Offline first_year_guy

« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2015, 08:45:32 PM »
I beg to differ on the philosophy of stemming.  The defense stems just as an offense runs motion or flip formation to change the look or technique. To stem to make an offensive play move is a foul plan and simple.

Pretty sure some teams shift or run motion to not only change the formation but to also hopefully have the defense jump...thats like saying to go on 2 to make the defense move early is a foul plan and simple...thats not good practice to want to flag any and everything based on generalzations

Offline first_year_guy

« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2015, 08:47:39 PM »
That is the point.  None of us are saying stemming itself is illegal.  It is what accompanies it

Well I specifically asked what was said and never got anwser just a bunch of people saying that a nose guard could not order up a stem and that the movement was illegal in itself

Offline FatboyHL

SAT crew in 3aD1
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2015, 08:52:59 PM »
Hope will get you real far in a football game.

Offline TXMike

« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2015, 08:54:27 PM »
Have you read the bulletin yet?  Or have you contacted your Chapter's main trainer to discuss ?  Or is this just something "you know"?

Offline FatboyHL

SAT crew in 3aD1
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2015, 08:56:11 PM »

Well I specifically asked what was said and never got anwser just a bunch of people saying that a nose guard could not order up a stem and that the movement was illegal in itself
I don't believe anyone said anything about the nose guard can't call the stem. You are reaching.

Offline first_year_guy

« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2015, 08:57:28 PM »
I stated that I couldn't find the bulletin after extensive research, I don't know who my chapters main trainer is...and yea this is just something I know...after 3 years

Offline TXMike

« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2015, 09:25:20 PM »
http://romgilbert.us/nbul1203.pdf 

I am giving you the link to a site where you can see the bulletin. But please look at other parts of the website as you could learn volumes

Offline centexsports

• FAN REACTION: +6/-9
« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2015, 10:02:13 PM »
I am not taking first year guys side but the example in the link would make almost all Def line shifts a penalty.

Offline first_year_guy

« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2015, 10:06:47 PM »
"calling signals"...Brock doesn't do that under center...the stem itself is what was flagged I'm pretty sure, you are defintely reaching with this bulletin and applying it to said play, either way though Im glad I don't work U and thanks for the link I'm always willing to find new info to help me get better as I climb the ladder

Offline Rulesman

• Past Keeper of the Keys
  • Refstripes Hero
  • FAN REACTION: +65535/-2
  • Live like tomorrow never comes.
« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2015, 09:55:04 AM »
...I'm always willing to find new info to help me get better as I climb the ladder
Beware. Falls from that ladder come when they are least expected.
"Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence. I am not remotely interested in just being good."
- Vince Lombardi

Offline first_year_guy

« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2015, 10:31:32 AM »
Beware. Falls from that ladder come when they are least expected.

Not if one is using OSHA guidelines

Offline TexDoc

• FAN REACTION: +98/-26
« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2015, 10:58:22 AM »
You have a lot of experience speaking to you with all of these guys, one of which is TASOs main rules person and trainer.  You may want to listen

Play situation.   A is at the los QB under center.   B player head up with the snapper and within a yard of the los yells "move, hut, shift, blue" or whatever, and the down D linemen move 6 inches to their right and switch down hands.   Several A linemen then jump.  Are you going to penalize A?   If you are really going to penalize A then what constitutes disconcerting signals in your world?

Offline TXMike

« Reply #72 on: December 19, 2015, 11:01:52 AM »
You don't want to follow the guidelines in football why would you follow OSHA?

Offline NTXRef

• FAN REACTION: +0/-0
« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2015, 01:05:53 PM »
I don't want to interrupt this intriguing conversation about disconcerting signals, stemming, OSHA, and CFO bulletins, but I wanted to congratulate you and your crew for getting to work a state championship game.

I haven't been active on refstripes the last couple of years to know you had moved to white hat, but that is cool as well.

Anyway, as someone who also prides themselves as knowing the rules better than most, interested in making themselves, their crews, and their chapters, but don't play the politics, solicitation, etc., it was good to see you get your just due.  Provides hope for those of us trying to do it the "right way".

Goodonya!!

Offline Hondo

• FAN REACTION: +2/-1
SAT crew in 3aD1
« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2015, 01:43:54 PM »
Sounds like a great off season topic for TASO to put together a training video. Franklin stemmed multiple time against waskom and drew multiple FST. Guarantee after watching that more teams will stem with hopes of a FST.