Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
National Federation Discussion / Re: Numbering exception
« Last post by CalhounLJ on Today at 07:48:46 AM »
This is exactly how we handle it. I'm on the right upright... "I've got 5 and 22 eligible."

Identifying the eligibles is not a bad idea. However, when a team uses the numbering exception, a much better practice is identifying the ineligibles, because of the "initial position" rule. If one of those 5 happen to shift into an eligible position, they are still ineligible because they took their initial position as ineligible. If you are only watching the eligibles, you may miss that. Once my umpire and I have identified the 5 ineligibles who have taken an initial position on the interior of the line, we know that no matter what else may happen, those 5 can't catch a pass..
Just nit-picking here, how could it be 4th and 8 from K2 yd line. That would mean the series started on the goal line???

The previous drive before K got the ball ended on the 1/4 yard line where they went for it on 4th and goal and were stopped just short of the goal line.

I guess because of the length of the ball, the next drive started around the 1/2-3/4 yard line. I guess it really was 4th and 7 1/4 on the K2.

National Federation Discussion / Numbering exception
« Last post by CalhounLJ on Today at 06:37:42 AM »
If A31 lines up in an initial eligible position, he isn't using the numbering exception.

True but he can become ineligible before the snap if he shifts into an ineligible position. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
National Football League / Re: Out of bounds kickoff ruling
« Last post by Kalle on Today at 02:23:49 AM »
This is the same situation if a fumble is loose near a sideline and a player whose foot touches the sideline touches the ball. The ball becomes dead out of bounds.
National Football League / Re: Out of bounds kickoff ruling
« Last post by Legacy Zebra on Yesterday at 10:38:51 PM »
Have fun with futbol then, because this is a correct call and is the same in NCAA. The player is out of bounds when he touches it, making it a loose ball out of bounds. In order for this to not be a foul in either code, a receiving team player must touch the ball before it goes out of bounds.
National Federation Discussion / Re: Numbering exception
« Last post by HLinNC on Yesterday at 09:35:38 PM »
If A31 lines up in an initial eligible position, he isn't using the numbering exception.
Sounds like IS to me
NCAA Discussion / Re: Targeting
« Last post by scrounge on Yesterday at 09:12:15 PM »
I have no problem with that call
National Football League / Out of bounds kickoff ruling
« Last post by Uncleshants@gmail.com on Yesterday at 09:03:38 PM »
So I am watching the CIN vs. Kc game. Kc made what seemed to be a perfect kick where the ball stopped on the 10 noteven touching the out of bounds. I repeat. The ball stopped in play. Bengals player picked it up with his feet out of bounds and the cheifs got penalized. Maybe i read the rule wrong. But to me, that seemed like a great kick and the bengals should be on the 10. And suddenly they arent and it was a penalty. Is this right? If so, I am moving on to european futbol. Cause that was CRAP. The rule even says 'if not touched by an opposing teammate.' He touched it to make it out of bounds. Wtf?
If the movement is illegal in itself, it's a false start -- if the lineman was moving from a three point stance to a two point stance, or if he moved quickly in a manner that simulated a snap, for instance.

If the movement itself was not a foul, but only became a foul because it did not end prior to the snap, then it is an illegal shift. That is to say, if the snap was two second later you'd have no foul on the play due to this shift, it's not a false start.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10