Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
National Federation Discussion / Re: Drones
« Last post by GA Umpire on Today at 04:44:14 PM »
GHSA has instructed us that if we observe a drone we are to notify the game manager and the game manager handles the situation. I've only had a drone once and the operator of the drone reached out to the game manager well before the game and the game manager and the operator came and spoke with us while we were in the locker room. We went over parameters for the drone with both of them, and I never even saw the drone out there.
As SouthGARef states: we are to notify game management and they should handle the situation.  If game management refuses to handle it, that fact should also go in the game report.
« Last post by AlUpstateNY on Today at 03:30:47 PM »
Not that I'm condoning it, how do the schools handle it if the operator is outside the school grounds?

As GA Umpire reports, it sounds like GHSA has that covered, and is wisely not willing to consider exceptions. 
NCAA Discussion / Re: Rules book
« Last post by ElvisLives on Today at 11:47:40 AM »
Since around 2011, their intent has been to publish a new book on a two-year cycle.  The schedule has been a bit erratic, but I believe they are now on track with publishing a new book in even numbered years, which means we should see a new book this year.  The PDF version is usually available in April.  Hard copies afterward.

« Last post by Kalle on Today at 11:04:31 AM »
Not that I'm condoning it, how do the schools handle it if the operator is outside the school grounds?
« Last post by SouthGARef on Today at 10:45:28 AM »
Just curious jaw- who enforces that policy?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GHSA has instructed us that if we observe a drone we are to notify the game manager and the game manager handles the situation. I've only had a drone once and the operator of the drone reached out to the game manager well before the game and the game manager and the operator came and spoke with us while we were in the locker room. We went over parameters for the drone with both of them, and I never even saw the drone out there.
« Last post by gmgiesey on Today at 09:26:52 AM »
In Missouri, drones are not allowed inside the 2 yd restraining lines.  So if there is one above the field, we are not to resume play until the game administrator corrects it.

Most schools ban them on school property though.
« Last post by AlUpstateNY on Today at 09:22:46 AM »
"Stupid is as stupid does", and it would appear GHSA has decided what is really stupid, and has taken the opportunity to PREVENT stupid.

Considering what we see daily, as the potential of what can be done with drones plays out in front of us, allowing (condoning, excusing, supporting) ANY use of drones in the vicinity of large (or even smaller) crowds is simply STUPID (bordering on INSANE).

If YOU decide to participate in a contest, where drones are allowed, YOU accept whatever consequences, and liabilities, for WHATEVER may happen.  Game Management, allowing such activity (under ANY circumstances) is inviting you to play Russian Roulette.
« Last post by BIG UMP on Today at 09:21:29 AM »
In Tennessee it is up to game administration to set the policy and enforce it.
NCAA Discussion / Rules book
« Last post by LJ1977 on Today at 08:29:03 AM »
Does a new college rules book come out this year and when are they usually released
National Federation Discussion / Drones
« Last post by CalhounLJ on Today at 07:35:26 AM »
Just curious jaw- who enforces that policy?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10