Author Topic: Compression Leggings Question  (Read 1696 times)

Offline sczeebra

• FAN REACTION: +4/-6
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
Compression Leggings Question
« on: January 28, 2020, 11:45:48 AM »
I use these things in cold weather, they keep my legs warm. In reading the advertisements for them they say that they are good for wicking away sweat. My question is does anyone use these in the summertime? How do they feel? Thanks

Offline bossman72

• FAN REACTION: +301/-25
Re: Compression Leggings Question
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 02:19:57 PM »
I use these things in cold weather, they keep my legs warm. In reading the advertisements for them they say that they are good for wicking away sweat. My question is does anyone use these in the summertime? How do they feel? Thanks

There are lighter versions that help with that.  Also, big part of staying warm in cold weather is staying dry.

Offline HLinNC

• FAN REACTION: +133/-24
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2020, 06:20:37 AM »
Back when I umpired baseball, in a time when a guy wouldn't be caught dead in tights, I wore old fashioned longjohns behind the plate to keep the shin guard straps from chewing up my legs.  In the early 80's, one of my duties as a college basketball mgr. was to check on the officials.  I was shocked one night when I walked into their dressing room to see Dale Ford, who was also an AL umpire, wriggling around on the floor trying to get into a pair of pantyhose.    They laughed at my bemusement and he explained that they were great for compression on the legs.

As times changed, I eventually bought some Under Armour cold gear leggings for late season football games.   Eventually I discovered lighter weights that are perfect for year round wear.  As you get older, the compression on your legs helps a bit.  I still usually try to wear the long leg compression shorts in August and September.  The Copper Fit compression socks are less than $10 and come up to the bottom of the knee and are a heckuva lot cheaper than the stuff the runners wear.

Offline Etref

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +85/-28
  • " I don't make the rules coach!"
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 01:15:42 PM »
Not to hijack a three, but we were headed to a game and the weather was changing.

Yep crew of 5 at a Walmart buying Big Mama panty hose!
" I don't make the rules coach!"

Offline fudilligas

• FAN REACTION: +12/-6
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2020, 04:10:05 PM »
finishing my 45th year and have been using some form of running tights for the last 35...live in FL and use the underarmour heatgear....love them...use them in BB also...legs feel great and after the game when you take them off the sweat comes with them

Offline VALJ

• FAN REACTION: +90/-14
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2020, 02:49:07 PM »
I use warm weather tights when the weather calls for it, and Cold Gear when the weather calls for it.  I can't stand the feeling of sweat dripping down my legs, and the tights prevent that.