Author Topic: Ohio 2012 Gold Book  (Read 7008 times)

vplacek228@comcast.net

Ohio 2012 Gold Book
« on: July 07, 2012, 01:47:27 PM »
Anyone see in this years edition of Dr. M's gold book we will be announcing the number of the offending player for penalties like in college and NFL.  Curious what everyone's thoughts are on this.

Offline Rulesman

• Past Keeper of the Keys
  • Refstripes Hero
  • FAN REACTION: +65535/-2
  • Live like tomorrow never comes.
Re: Ohio 2012 Gold Book
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 02:21:56 PM »
Goes against the manual (pg 17) which specifically says "Do NOT..." And this guy is on the manual committee?  :!#
"Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence. I am not remotely interested in just being good."
- Vince Lombardi

schube

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 02:27:28 PM »
Yeah i saw that, how ridiculous is that? why bring more attention to the kid for making a mistake.

mbyron

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 03:56:09 PM »
Yes, the gold book supersedes the manual. We have our own KO mechanic, too.

I don't think it makes much difference. Most of the time, we're shouting and signaling the number across the field anyway.

Offline Rulesman

• Refstripes Hero
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 06:18:41 PM »
Yes, the gold book supersedes the manual. We have our own KO mechanic, too.

I don't think it makes much difference.
It makes a TON of difference. Isn't this "Dr. M" the same guy who is on the National Federation committee that publishes the National Federation mechanics manual who has decided his state will dance to their own music? Basically he is telling us the manual is good enough for everyone else, but screw it... we'll do what we want in Ohio. Some example he is setting!

If he wants to do that, fine, but if this is the same guy, he has no business on that committee and should resign.
"Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence. I am not remotely interested in just being good."
- Vince Lombardi

mbyron

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 08:20:45 PM »
It makes a TON of difference. Isn't this "Dr. M" the same guy who is on the National Federation committee that publishes the National Federation mechanics manual who has decided his state will dance to their own music? Basically he is telling us the manual is good enough for everyone else, but screw it... we'll do what we want in Ohio. Some example he is setting!

If he wants to do that, fine, but if this is the same guy, he has no business on that committee and should resign.
No, it's not the same guy. Denny Morris is on the NFHS committee, and Bruce Maurer is the Director of Officiating Development for football in Ohio.

And for all I know Morris cast his one vote in favor of Ohio mechanics but was out-voted by the rest of the committee. That's the democratic process, you know, and though the majority rules that doesn't make the majority always right. And it certainly doesn't require resigning when the collective wisdom is different from yours.

Offline Rulesman

• Refstripes Hero
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 09:22:32 PM »
I stand corrected, but how embarassing for Denny Morris.
- Vince Lombardi

Offline azsteam

• FAN REACTION: +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 11:18:39 AM »
In Basketball the officials signal or announce the players number for each foul. I think the kids can handle it.  Of course this would only come into play when the referee is mic during the game.