Author Topic: Child Boards for the State-Specific Topics Board?  (Read 4847 times)

Offline Rulesman

• Past Keeper of the Keys
  • Refstripes Hero
  • FAN REACTION: +65535/-2
  • Live like tomorrow never comes.
Child Boards for the State-Specific Topics Board?
« on: August 29, 2013, 12:34:30 PM »
We are seeing a lot more activity on the Federation board and the thought crossed my mind it might be beneficial to add a few "child boards" under the Federation heading? I'm not in favor of starting one board per state, but was thinking more on the lines of grouping the 50 states by the 8 NFHS sections so that more localized geographical areas can share common interests. Texas would keep their own board, as would any other state whose activity demands one.

I'll keep the poll open for a week, but will keep the results under wraps until everyone has had a chance to weigh in. Every registered user gets one vote.
"Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence. I am not remotely interested in just being good."
- Vince Lombardi

maven

Re: Child Boards for the State-Specific Topics Board?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 12:47:23 PM »
I have no objection to child boards, and so no reason to vote "no."

OTOH, since the rules are (more or less) the same for all NFHS states, and since regions don't share any administrative structures, I don't much see the point. Splitting the forum seems to be a solution in search of a problem, and so I have no reason to vote "yes."

So far, I'm not voting. :)

Offline James

• FAN REACTION: +7/-6
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 12:34:54 AM »
I don't have a bone in the NF pot - but I read everything on the board, and don't find it too much information (or too hard to keep track of what is what) with the State Specific.
I think the threads in the topic are started for a question about a specific state, but are often relevant to people in other states as well, either to think about their own organization/mechanics/etc or to help answer questions about how 'it' is done somewhere else.

Offline bama_stripes

• FAN REACTION: +115/-27
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 07:00:11 AM »
I have no objection to child boards, and so no reason to vote "no."

OTOH, since the rules are (more or less) the same for all NFHS states, and since regions don't share any administrative structures, I don't much see the point. Splitting the forum seems to be a solution in search of a problem, and so I have no reason to vote "yes."

So far, I'm not voting. :)

Agree.