Author Topic: TASO FB Election 2010  (Read 8238 times)

Offline TXMike

• FAN REACTION: +229/-265
  • When you quit learning you quit living
TASO FB Election 2010
« on: September 16, 2010, 03:36:50 PM »
In case you did not get the TASO email:

September 16, 2010

FOOTBALL DIVISION ELECTIONS

Per the Football Division Operating Procedures, candidates for office were required to submit a nomination by September 1st.  The slate is now complete and the following candidates have been deemed eligible for election.  The candidates are listed by position in the order their name was submitted.

District II Director:       Miller Walker

District IV Director:      Brian Ernest

District VI Director:      Julian Alvarez, Andy Scott

District VIII Director:     Mark Miller

District X Director:       Ted Glazener

Vice President:            Jim Campbell, Tommy Moore

President Elect:           Ken Roan, Dotson Lewis

President:                     Dr. Charles Little, Cooper Castleberry

The election will be conducted on-line and the voting will open on the first Monday in October (Oct. 4th) and conclude on the third Monday in October (Oct. 18th).  Where there is only one candidate, no election will be held.

Each candidate has been asked to prepare a written statement explaining their qualifications and their goals, objectives and vision for TASO Football.  Each candidate’s statement will be sent to all Football Members in late September.

The winning candidates will take office on January 1st, 2011.

Regards,

Mike

Michael Fitch
Executive Director

Offline TxBJ

• FAN REACTION: +9/-6
Re: TASO FB Election 2010
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 09:59:49 PM »
Some really big names on there.

ornery1

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 10:21:55 PM »
Not gonna matter, Mr. Tony Timmons will be in charge next year and I can't wait!!!!!

Offline JasonTX

• FAN REACTION: +112/-58
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 11:14:56 PM »
Not gonna matter, Mr. Tony Timmons will be in charge next year and I can't wait!!!!!

For some reason I am getting the feeling that Tony Timmons will not even be around next year.  After next week, Dr. B may be on his way out too.  Hmmm.. could I be right.  I said it here first so you remember that.

Offline Arbitrator

• Chief Manor Road Pig Poker
  • FAN REACTION: +7/-10
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 11:53:31 PM »
For some reason I am getting the feeling that Tony Timmons will not even be around next year.  After next week, Dr. B may be on his way out too.  Hmmm.. could I be right.  I said it here first so you remember that.

^flag

JasonTX: All I can say is that if your prediction in fact does come to fruition, then yes, there is a loving God in this world!   z^

rickref

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 07:10:37 AM »

You might be on to something.

Chikenwang

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 07:53:17 AM »
The biggest shame in all of this is just the way UIL approached the takeover. (I know i am being Captain Redundant...that means I am saying the same thing over and over ornery1!) They could have easily got $25-$50 bucks per official and let TASO stay as it was. I truly hope they get no concessions from us and that these larger chapters will have the backbone to stand for what is right. TT just shows that not everyone can handle power.
 ^good

Offline fencewire

• FAN REACTION: +20/-74
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 08:41:55 AM »
right now... as it sits based on the information that they(UIL) have supplied.  it is better than that.

If your chapter elects to stay TASO, you stay TASO, you pay TASO dues, you complete an online FREE registration with the UIL each year and that is it.

Now, if Jason is correct, that would be a good thing... no... a great thing... because the above might change as the wind blows, because it wasn't that long ago, that we were all looking at the inevitiblity of being UiL chapters... now, it appears that we just have to "register" no fees, no joining the UiL...   ???

but for now, I view it as a good thing, in general.

Chikenwang

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 09:14:50 AM »
Would be much more confident in what you say if UIL would state that registration would be free or of a minmal charge for perpetuity. (that means a long time ornery1)

Offline Etref

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +85/-28
  • " I don't make the rules coach!"
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 09:50:04 AM »
Would be much more confident in what you say if UIL would state that registration would be free or of a minmal charge for perpetuity. (that means a long time ornery1)

The only problem with that is they change their story like I change underwear!   
" I don't make the rules coach!"

Offline NTXRef

• FAN REACTION: +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2010, 10:27:18 AM »

We all don't know you personally, Rick, but, hopefully, that means often.  :D
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 10:59:22 AM by NTXRef »

Offline fencewire

• FAN REACTION: +20/-74
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2010, 10:32:47 AM »

I agree...

the only place were they made ANY mention of that is this small statement in the "clarification" document

However, all officials must complete the free registration process annually.

that is why it is my #1 question to find an answer too... Link to other post]http://www.refstripes.com/forum/index.php?topic=7018.0]Link to other post

Offline Etref

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +85/-28
  • " I don't make the rules coach!"
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2010, 11:13:55 AM »
We all don't know you personally, Rick, but, hopefully, that means often.  :D

At least every Saturday!    ;D

" I don't make the rules coach!"

Offline Arbitrator

• Chief Manor Road Pig Poker
  • FAN REACTION: +7/-10
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2010, 12:00:29 PM »

^flag

That's exactly why it would be so much fun to watch the  tiphat: Good UIL Dr. and   :!# "Two-Stepping Tony" squirm in the witness chair under cross-examination by Mr. Schumann. That would indeed be priceless!   z^
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 12:02:04 PM by arbitrator »