Author Topic: Thoughts  (Read 3327 times)

Offline ncwingman

• FAN REACTION: +72/-13
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
Re: Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 08:35:58 PM »
Looks good to me.

He's not moving forward at the snap, nor is he simulating a situation where the ball would remain dead (i.e., conversing with an official or with a coach on the sideline).

Offline ck4597

• FAN REACTION: +1/-1
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 09:55:06 PM »
Agree and agree - only thing I question, which is hard to see on film, was the QB set for 1 sec prior to beginning his motion AND i appears the WR at top looks like he is still getting set when QB starts...but again hard to tell

Offline SD_Casey

• FAN REACTION: +8/-1
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 03:38:49 AM »
IMO it looks like they are set.  It's close though.

I like it.

Offline bama_stripes

• FAN REACTION: +115/-27
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 07:44:44 AM »
Looks legal to me.  I wouldn't pick the nit about the WR.

Offline Ralph Damren

• FAN REACTION: +864/-28
  • SEE IT-THINK IT-CALL IT
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 07:49:45 AM »
IMHO, this would fall into the "quick snap" category and not the "something's screwed up (where's the tee,we've got the wrong ball, Bubba just wet his pants)" category. Play on. tiphat:

Offline VALJ

• FAN REACTION: +90/-14
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 08:56:47 AM »
Looks good to me.  It's really tough to tell whether the QB is set at any point, since the film stops for a few seconds while his name goes up, though; that would be my hesitiation.  The WR is fine as far as I'm concerned.

Actually, as a side guy, the QB wouldn't be my hesitation at all.  That's what the white hats are for. :)

Offline Curious

• FAN REACTION: +36/-50
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2014, 04:02:41 PM »
Agree and agree - only thing I question, which is hard to see on film, was the QB set for 1 sec prior to beginning his motion AND i appears the WR at top looks like he is still getting set when QB starts...but again hard to tell

It looks clear to me that, following the huddle (and presumably after the RFP) the "QB" stops for a couple seconds on the 17 yard line.  After that he moves slowly forward, then continues (without stopping again) toward the sideline.

As for the WR, his only movement is with one leg backward without changing his position on the field - hardly a shift....