Author Topic: Officiating Clinics in the Southeast  (Read 7426 times)

Offline dawgstripes

• FAN REACTION: +0/-0
Officiating Clinics in the Southeast
« on: January 05, 2017, 08:05:03 AM »
Does anybody know of any Officiating Clinics taking place in the Southeast this year. I saw where Football Ref Camp will be in Arkansas, just wondering if there were anymore around the Mississippi area.

Thanks

Offline Grant - AR

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +63/-5
Re: Officiating Clinics in the Southeast
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 09:42:24 AM »
Does anybody know of any Officiating Clinics taking place in the Southeast this year. I saw where Football Ref Camp will be in Arkansas, just wondering if there were anymore around the Mississippi area.

Thanks

The Oxford Officiating Clinic is always a great one!  I'm not sure of the dates for 2017, but the information should be posted when it becomes available. 

In the past, there would always be one or two in that area for the Gulf South.  But, with the Gulf South looking for a new supervisor, that's probably up in the air at this point.  The Football Ref Camp one in Arkansas will be a good one if you want to travel that far. 

Offline TampaSteve

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +23/-13
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 11:28:42 AM »
Regarding GSC:  is JR stepping down?

Offline Grant - AR

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +63/-5
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 01:14:50 PM »
Regarding GSC:  is JR stepping down?

From what I heard, he stepped down during the season.

Offline Rulesman

• Past Keeper of the Keys
  • Refstripes Hero
  • FAN REACTION: +65535/-2
  • Live like tomorrow never comes.
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 04:54:26 PM »
The GSC supervisor position is open. Not sure when it will be filled but I heard through the vine applications are being accepted through Jan 15. Have no idea how accurate that info is.
"Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence. I am not remotely interested in just being good."
- Vince Lombardi

Offline TampaSteve

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +23/-13
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 02:16:53 PM »
I suppose the GSC camp will be announced thereafter they obtain a supervisor?

Offline Rulesman

• Refstripes Hero
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 05:00:59 PM »
I would think so.
"Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence. I am not remotely interested in just being good."
- Vince Lombardi

Offline Rulesman

• Refstripes Hero
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2017, 11:42:43 AM »
I suppose the GSC camp will be announced thereafter they obtain a supervisor?
Tom Ritter is the new GSC Supervisor.
- Vince Lombardi

taylormadegl

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2017, 09:43:35 AM »
Does anyone know where to locate information regarding this year's (2017) Oxford Officiating Clinic?  I've scoured google and haven't found any information... Thanks!

Offline getnbetter

• FAN REACTION: +0/-1
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2017, 02:29:14 PM »
http://us9.campaign-archive2.com/?u=dedcd33537b3e1f9c339d91b3&id=09351f76bc&e=da559ff692

Here is the link.  Below is the information regarding the camp:

Carl Cheffers at Oxford Officials Clinic 2017

We are pleased to announce keynote speaker Carl Cheffers, Super Bowl LI Referee, will be at the Oxford Officials Clinic this year, June 1-3.  Get your firsthand account from Carl as he officiated the first ever Super Bowl to go into Overtime.  Carl has been an official with the NFL for 17 seasons, 7 as Side Judge and 10 as Referee.  He has worked 4 Wild Card games, 4 Divisional games, 2 Conference Championships and was Referee for Super Bowl LI in Houston, Texas.

We are excited to have Carl be a part of our group of clinicians and speakers, of whom, will feature several conference coordinators and current NFL and SEC officials.  Coach Hugh Freeze, Head Football Coach of the Ole Miss Rebels will also be a guest speaker.

Be on the lookout for another email featuring the entire list of clinicians and coordinators.  And please share this email with any fellow officials who may not be on our mailing list.  All officials currently working on any level from high school to college are encouraged to attend the Oxford Officials Clinic.

Please use the Click Here to Register for Oxford Officials Clinic buttons above or below to register and secure your spot for the 2017 Oxford Officials Clinic.  Don't miss out as spots are filling up fast!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 02:32:05 PM by getnbetter »

Offline TxSkyBolt

• FAN REACTION: +45/-46
Officiating Clinics in the Southeast
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2017, 07:01:13 PM »
7 on 7 only it looks like

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline getnbetter

• FAN REACTION: +0/-1
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2017, 12:16:17 AM »
Yeah, It's 7 on 7.  Not great competition, but the classroom training is pretty good.  The on-field feedback isn't bad either.  Good camp for someone trying to break into the college game.  They usually have separate training for the umpires during the infield portion.