Football Officiating > Canadian Football League

Fun head-scratcher

(1/3) > >>

110:
Here's a light-hearted thought for you Canadian-rules lads ...

What is the most penalty yardage one team can receive (marched off on the field), for one play, (snap to snap) without having repeat infractions?

ie one OC, one UR, one RP, etc.

JugglingReferee:
I would imagine that pre-snap fouls would be excluded.

So, Team A (or B) is guilty of a clip, OC, UR, and RP, and an Illegal Equipment infraction.

That's 15 + 10 + 15 + 25 + 5.  = 70 yards.

Is that what you have?

110:

--- Quote from: JugglingReferee on October 28, 2010, 06:57:10 AM ---I would imagine that pre-snap fouls would be excluded.

So, Team A (or B) is guilty of a clip, OC, UR, and RP, and an Illegal Equipment infraction.

That's 15 + 10 + 15 + 25 + 5.  = 70 yards.

Is that what you have?

--- End quote ---

I was able to generate 109, believe it not. I have no clue why this got into my head, but I had an hour and a half drive home from a game on the weekend, and my mind got to thinking ...

JugglingReferee:
Well, since you said no repeats, we can only have 1 of each type of additive foul.  Those are OC, UR, RP, and IE.  Does NM also count different than IE?

Only 1 minor foul can be enforced, the largest of which is a BFR or OPI.

Give me a hint...   :)

110:

--- Quote from: JugglingReferee on October 28, 2010, 05:34:19 PM ---Well, since you said no repeats, we can only have 1 of each type of additive foul.  Those are OC, UR, RP, and IE.  Does NM also count different than IE?

Only 1 minor foul can be enforced, the largest of which is a BFR or OPI.

Give me a hint...   :)

--- End quote ---

A hint. Hhmmn. OK. Let's try this - there's  one infraction that's a mandated half the distance to the goal-line and nothing else.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version