Author Topic: 2015 NCAA Rule Book online at Arbiter  (Read 3426 times)

Offline Aussie-Zebra

• FAN REACTION: +8/-3
  • Australian Gridiron Officials Association
    • Gridironwest
2015 NCAA Rule Book online at Arbiter
« on: November 14, 2015, 01:55:34 AM »
I noticed a few weeks ago that the 2015 online rulebook at CFO was in fact the 2014 rulebook.
I contacted an associate director and the rule book was updated to the correct rulebook.

I just went to get a reference and I noticed that it has reverted back to the 2014 version.
For every coach that thinks we got it wrong there's another that thinks we got it right.

Offline NVFOA_Ump

• FAN REACTION: +99/-283
  • High School (MA & RI)
    • Massachusetts Independent Football Officials Association
Re: 2015 NCAA Rule Book online at Arbiter
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 04:50:31 AM »
2015 rules in pdf format are available to download at the NCAA publications site:

https://www.ncaapublications.com/p-4387-2015-ncaa-football-rules-and-interpretations.aspx
It's easy to get the players, getting 'em to play together, that's the hard part. - Casey Stengel

Offline Aussie-Zebra

• Gridironwest
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 06:00:58 AM »
Thanks for that , already have it but the online version at CFO is much more user friendly and the AR's and other relevant rules are linked. if you haven't tried it you should.

I'm just wondering why they have taken down the 2015 version and put up the 2014 version - which is incomplete.

For every coach that thinks we got it wrong there's another that thinks we got it right.

Offline NVFOA_Ump

• FAN REACTION: +99/-283
  • High School (MA & RI)
    • Massachusetts Independent Football Officials Association
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 04:49:49 PM »
I noticed that as well - don't know what happened or why it was changed.
It's easy to get the players, getting 'em to play together, that's the hard part. - Casey Stengel

Offline Cars69

• FAN REACTION: +0/-1
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2015, 08:32:45 PM »
Try this out, works great for looking things up.
http://ruletool.info/

Offline Aussie-Zebra

• Gridironwest
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 01:08:12 AM »
I agree Cars, Marteen has done a great job there and I should use it more but in your case you should not as ruletool is the IFAF (International Federation of American Football) version and there are a number of rules differences 1.4.8 b for example.

Under NCAA rules a player with illegal equipment is sent off for a down and the team may take a charged timeout so the player doesn't miss a down.

Under IFAF a charged timeout is automatic.

Offline Kalle

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +109/-35
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2015, 01:25:31 AM »
I agree Cars, Marteen has done a great job there and I should use it more but in your case you should not as ruletool is the IFAF (International Federation of American Football) version and there are a number of rules differences 1.4.8 b for example.

They aren't that many, though, and they relate to administrative things, remembering that the IFAF rules are one year behind NCAA (IFAF 2015 rules don't incorporate the NCAA 2015 rule changes). The current full list of differences is at http://ifaf.org/pdf/documents/rules/ifaf_tackle_rules_2015.pdf

For example the 1-4-8-b difference is due to it having been changed this year in NCAA, and it probably will get changed in IFAF for 2016.

Offline Aussie-Zebra

• Gridironwest
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2015, 12:34:58 PM »
 tiphat: Thanks Kalle.