Author Topic: Technical foul in NFHSA game  (Read 6712 times)

arthurhawgerelli

Technical foul in NFHSA game
« on: February 02, 2011, 09:47:10 AM »
Is there an automatic "seat belt" rule if a coach receives a technical foul in a high school game under federation rules?

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

Offline Welpe

• FAN REACTION: +28/-11
Re: Technical foul in NFHSA game
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 02:50:19 PM »
Per the NFHS rules, yes, the head coach loses his/her coach's box privilege if he has been assessed either a direct or indirect technical foul.  There may be a state exception to this.

Offline Rulesman

• Past Keeper of the Keys
  • Refstripes Hero
  • FAN REACTION: +65535/-2
  • Live like tomorrow never comes.
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 06:54:17 PM »
Knowing the state in which arthurhawgerelli resides, I can assure you there is no exception in his state to the rule in question (10-5-1a if you are interested).
"Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence. I am not remotely interested in just being good."
- Vince Lombardi

Offline Welpe

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 10:28:03 AM »
Knowing the state in which arthurhawgerelli resides, I can assure you there is no exception in his state to the rule in question (10-5-1a if you are interested).

Well in that case it is confirmed, the coach loses the right to stand.

Offline APG

• FAN REACTION: +1/-1
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 01:47:49 AM »
Well in that case it is confirmed, the coach loses the right to stand.

Save to request a timeout, go to the table to request a timeout for a correctable error, to replace an injured/DQed player, or a spontaneous reaction to an outstanding play/replaced player.  ;D

Offline Welpe

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 06:53:07 AM »
Save to request a timeout, go to the table to request a timeout for a correctable error, to replace an injured/DQed player, or a spontaneous reaction to an outstanding play/replaced player.  ;D

But of course. I was keeping it simple. ;)