Author Topic: HS Football playoffs begin tonight in Texas  (Read 1704 times)

Offline Official_21

• FAN REACTION: +9/-0
  • What on earth have I gotten myself into???
HS Football playoffs begin tonight in Texas
« on: November 12, 2021, 07:11:55 AM »
First round of HS football playoff games in Texas is tonight. I am working one of the 3A Div I bi-district games myself, but I will be on the game clock.

To my fellow Texas Officials on these forums who are working tonight, please be safe and may you have a good game. tiphat:

Offline JDM

• FAN REACTION: +5/-4
Re: HS Football playoffs begin tonight in Texas
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2021, 01:18:53 PM »
First round of HS football playoff games in Texas is tonight. I am working one of the 3A Div I bi-district games myself, but I will be on the game clock.

To my fellow Texas Officials on these forums who are working tonight, please be safe and may you have a good game. tiphat:

The playoffs started last night. Six weeks will pass before we know it.

Offline Official_21

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2021, 02:09:23 PM »
The playoffs started last night. Six weeks will pass before we know it.
Ah, I stand corrected then.
I was working my first basketball game last night and completely was not thinking about football till today  ;D

Offline JasonTX

• FAN REACTION: +112/-58
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2021, 03:37:06 PM »
Ah, I stand corrected then.
I was working my first basketball game last night and completely was not thinking about football till today  ;D

Another lesson I learned.  Never mix sports.  I was fresh off the basketball court the night before and then had a football game.  The QB jumped in the air and came down still with the ball in his hands.  Luckily I caught myself but my hand nearly went up to call traveling.  It didn't but that is what my brain was trying to get me to do.  From then on.... One sport at a time. 

Offline Official_21

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2021, 04:01:12 PM »
Another lesson I learned.  Never mix sports.  I was fresh off the basketball court the night before and then had a football game.  The QB jumped in the air and came down still with the ball in his hands.  Luckily I caught myself but my hand nearly went up to call traveling.  It didn't but that is what my brain was trying to get me to do.  From then on.... One sport at a time.
Point taken, but at least in my case, I am up in the pressbox running the clock now ;)