Author Topic: State  (Read 13133 times)

Offline TXMike

• FAN REACTION: +229/-265
  • When you quit learning you quit living
Re: State
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2015, 03:50:25 PM »
I think everyone learned from the experience.   Houston proved they could host it even though the facility was not designed to do so which apparently Jerry World was.  I can understand why there is sentiment to move it around. And now Houston and Dallas are both viable. I really don't think San Antonio's is in the same league and probably not a viable candidate.  Even with the smaller per game crowds, the number of folks in the facility on Saturday would have probably overwhelmed the Alamodome. The number waiting to get into seating as the previous game ended created massive logjams in the hallways.  The hallways at the Alamodome would be hard-pressed to handle the volume.

Look at the populations also.  How many people live within 2 hours of each facility.  That affects the number of people willing to travel to see a game when they have no dog in the fight.

Offline Coby

• FAN REACTION: +24/-72
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2015, 04:28:50 PM »
The sponsor suites were a lot smaller then at Jerry World.  A lot of the sponsors were upset quite vocally.  That tells me Jerry World will be the preferred location from here on out.

Offline TexDoc

• FAN REACTION: +98/-26
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2015, 04:54:36 AM »
6.9M in DFW metro area.   6.5M in Houston metro area. 2.4M in SA metro.   2M in Austin metro.  It does make sense to keep it in larger metro areas. 

Offline TxSkyBolt

• FAN REACTION: +45/-46
State
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2015, 08:51:21 AM »

I think everyone learned from the experience.   Houston proved they could host it even though the facility was not designed to do so which apparently Jerry World was.  I can understand why there is sentiment to move it around. And now Houston and Dallas are both viable. I really don't think San Antonio's is in the same league and probably not a viable candidate.  Even with the smaller per game crowds, the number of folks in the facility on Saturday would have probably overwhelmed the Alamodome. The number waiting to get into seating as the previous game ended created massive logjams in the hallways.  The hallways at the Alamodome would be hard-pressed to handle the volume.

Look at the populations also.  How many people live within 2 hours of each facility.  That affects the number of people willing to travel to see a game when they have no dog in the fight.

Mike I thought it was one price for all games on a given day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

golobos

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2015, 08:57:36 AM »
At least in Dallas it is the one ticket for all games that day. I would assume Houston did this as well as I dont see how they would clear the stadium between games in a timely fashion.

Mike was referring to the exodus of fans from one game with the fans waiting to get those seats for the upcoming game. It can get pretty crowded in the concourse as fan bases mix together.

Offline TXMike

• FAN REACTION: +229/-265
  • When you quit learning you quit living
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2015, 09:18:11 AM »
Exactly what I was referring to

Offline mccormicw

• FAN REACTION: +3/-4
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2015, 12:13:16 PM »
Although there are downsides, I feel like 30 minutes longer between games would have been better.  I dont like the idea of teams warming up on the sidelines for the next game while the current game is going on. There was also a problem with teams wanting to warm up on the field while the previous games award ceremony was in progress.