Author Topic: NF rules question....  (Read 3147 times)

JBT43

NF rules question....
« on: December 26, 2012, 10:23:31 AM »
This happened in a game recently (one I wasn't involved with). Home and visiting coach receive USC direct technical fouls from the trail official. Ruling (1) Double Technical fouls, point of interuption, or (2) each T administered in the order they were given with the last T shot given to the team shooting at half court?

maven

Re: NF rules question....
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 11:02:01 AM »
Could be either double foul or false double foul depending on whether the fouls were simultaneous. The procedure you describe for each is correct.

JBT43

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 10:52:26 PM »
Maven, my contention or understanding of the situation was you couldn't rule it as double T's due to by definition, "a double technical foul is a situation in which two opponents commit T's against each other at approximately the same time". This situation was where T's were issued to the visiting coach and then the home coach, one after the other approximately the time time. I believe there is such a thing as a "double false technical foul" but I would agree that this situation could be ruled a "simultaneous double technical foul". My question is should shots for each T be off set or should they have been shot in order they were issued?

maven

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 09:25:41 AM »
Simultaneous and double T's are enforced the same. No FT's.