Author Topic: Crazy on field injuries...  (Read 19906 times)

Offline Etref

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +85/-28
  • " I don't make the rules coach!"
Re: Crazy on field injuries...
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2010, 10:27:40 AM »
Yet another good reason to never allow ball boys or "tee getters" on the field at any time.

yEs:
" I don't make the rules coach!"

Offline BIG UMP

• FAN REACTION: +9/-1
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2010, 11:41:30 AM »
1AA game two years ago.  I am the "U" and I read pass.  As I begin to move to the LOS, I then read draw.  Too late for me, I'm in the mass of humanity, I lift my arms to ward off the running back and a safety hits me a glancing blow from behind, this knocked my arms down so I took the brunt of the running back right in the chest.  Separated two ribs from both by sternum and back and broke two other ribs.  Took me about 8 weeks to get back to 100%.  But never missed a game.  R started spotting the ball to keep me from bending over and it worked.
Big Ump

"EVERY JOB IS A SELF-PORTRAIT OF THE PERSON WHO DID IT.  AUTOGRAPH YOUR WORK WITH EXCELLENCE."~unknown

Offline yarnnelg

• FAN REACTION: +55/-37
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2012, 03:26:05 PM »
Field flips on an intercepted pass. I'm running and looking over my shoulder, suddenly I step into something soft and cushiony .... flipped over completely and land on my back. Laying there trying to catch my breath and thinking, run past me Field Judge, don't stop, stripes go by and I can finally breath. Before I get up, two pairs of soft hands grab me and help me to my feet ..... "I am so sorry, I moved the yard marker, I thought it was in the wrong place ! Cheerleaders ..... talk about being embarassed ......Nothing hurt but my pride .....and my back ....missed two weeks. 

Offline BIG DON

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +43/-10
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2013, 07:53:02 PM »
Few Years Back My Line Judge was working Wide and Off the field. Play coming to his side he backs out and gives plenty room. The play is over and he coming back up to mark the spot when a 6'4" 275 Defense Line man trips over is on feet and roll into the LJ.. LJ goes down in pain.  X rays show a spiral fracture of the tibial plateau . Out for the rest of the Season due to surgery.  2 Weeks Later his replacement was wide on his side line when a KO reversed his direction and ran to the LJ Side Line. The LJ Got caught up in the team box and was ran over by the runner went down and you guessed it same Leg same fracture so in 2 week I lost 2 for the season. Had to find some newbie to finish the rest of the last 2 weeks with me
do or do not there is no try