Author Topic: NFHS Questionnaire  (Read 333 times)

Offline bossman72

• FAN REACTION: +51/-21
NFHS Questionnaire
« on: December 05, 2017, 03:15:49 PM »

Offline AlUpstateNY

• FAN REACTION: +251/-468
Re: NFHS Questionnaire
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 04:00:54 PM »
poll is down, whatever Surveymonkey 500 is, it's on a break, suggests trying again later.

Offline FLAHL

• FAN REACTION: +41/-7
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 09:04:25 AM »
It's up and running now.
"Never argue with stupid people.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Offline Rulesman

• The Keeper of the Keys
  • Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +310/-235
  • Live like tomorrow never comes.
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 09:30:20 AM »
I am really disappointed in the format. Strictly yes or no answers. We’ve been asking for something free form to provide input. Obviously that is not important to the committee.  ???
"Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence. I am not remotely interested in just being good."
- Vince Lombardi

Offline theunofficialofficial

• FAN REACTION: +5/-1
  • Go slow, then go slower.
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 01:27:58 PM »
Starting a 40-second play count when the ball is ruled dead after a down.

Can we also get the clock to start when umpire places the ball after runner goes out of bounds?

I look forward to the results!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 01:29:48 PM by theunofficialofficial »

Offline SouthGARef

• FAN REACTION: +9/-13
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 02:42:20 PM »
I am really disappointed in the format. Strictly yes or no answers. We’ve been asking for something free form to provide input. Obviously that is not important to the committee.  ???

http://www.nfhs.org/RuleChangeProposal

I don't know if this is looked at or not, but it can't hurt.

Offline ncwingman

• FAN REACTION: +28/-2
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 09:01:42 PM »

Can we at least get three options?

a) Yes.
b) No.
c) Aww, h-e-double-hockey sticks naw!!

Offline Ralph Damren

• FAN REACTION: +290/-27
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 07:58:04 AM »
The "free forum" is bending the ear of your state rep. If you find him unavailable / untouchable, you can bend my ear (eyes) and I'll listen (read).

Offline Ralph Damren

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2017, 08:04:15 AM »
Starting a 40-second play count when the ball is ruled dead after a down.

Can we also get the clock to start when umpire places the ball after runner goes out of bounds?

I look forward to the results!

40 second clock ,nah (opposite of ayuh).

RFP after OOB, while not on the questionnaire, may still be a proposed rule change. The hurdle in former years was reverting to old rule in last 2 mins. of half. I haven't heard of any problems with the change of timing in same timeframe from last year's change, which should add support.

Offline Ralph Damren

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2017, 08:12:00 AM »
http://www.nfhs.org/RuleChangeProposal

I don't know if this is looked at or not, but it can't hurt.
These proposals must be received by NFHS by November 1st, BUT they must also be submitted through your state association. Developing a good relationship with your state's rules committee rep can be helpful in this procedure. Invite him to speak at one of your meetings.

Offline Ralph Damren

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2017, 08:57:29 AM »
"HOW USEFUL IS THE QUESTIONNAIRE ?? "...You might ask. It used to be very valuable BUT limited.
Each state was assigned (somewhat like our Electorial College) a number of votes based on the number of schools playing football. Example : Maine had 3 coach, 5 official, and 1 state vote; any item receiving +50% would go automatically to the final regardless of how the sub-committee felt. This was changed several years ago (when the Curse of the Babe Ruth still haunted the Sox), to allow everyone to vote but no longer would those with +50% going directly to the final vote.

We are supplied with the final votes and the results are taken and discussed in our sub-committees.

YOUR VOTE COUNTS --STAND UP (LOG ON) AND BE COUNTED !!

tiphat: tiphat: tiphat: tiphat: tiphat: tiphat: tiphat: tiphat: tiphat: tiphat: tiphat: tiphat: tiphat: tiphat: tiphat: tiphat: tiphat: tiphat: tiphat: tiphat: tiphat: tiphat: tiphat: tiphat: tiphat: tiphat: tiphat: tiphat: tiphat: tiphat: tiphat: tiphat: tiphat: tiphat: (34 = NUMBER NEEDED TO PASS A NEW RULE
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 08:59:00 AM by Ralph Damren »