Author Topic: Where is your position in 8 man  (Read 2633 times)

Offline Maxtheumpire

• FAN REACTION: +0/-0
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
Where is your position in 8 man
« on: April 23, 2018, 05:50:00 PM »
Hello everyone I am new to this forum and also a little new to college rules. There are  a few questions I have however I prefer to teach and study myself and was wondering if there is a online .PDF of where to stand on certain plays such as KO and OSK while running 8 man. Could someone direct me into the best place for diagrams please ? Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 07:03:44 PM by Maxtheumpire »
Teach me and I will learn. Let me show you that I have a want to learn by showing you I can.

I can do ALL things through CHRIST who strengthens me.

Offline bossman72

• FAN REACTION: +301/-25
Re: Where is your position in 8 man
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 09:05:30 AM »
Do you have access to the CCA manual?  It's all in there.

Offline Magician

• FAN REACTION: +257/-8
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 03:43:33 PM »
If you are a little new to college the likelihood of you working a game with 8-man mechanics would be very small. I would start with 7-man and focus there. If you get a chance to work 8 the transition won't be difficult unless you are the CJ. And even then it's not difficult. Just new.

Offline Maxtheumpire

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 04:50:56 PM »
I have 7 man mechanics from running it at the Hs level
Its just that I am trying to get them down for 8 man 7 and 8 are the same with the exception of the umpire re and the Center Judge 7 the U stays with the kicker however in 8 the CJ has the kicker and the U is on the home team 45 yl IF I AM CORRECT

Pleaae correct me if I am wrong. 
No I do not have access to the CCA manual  is there a PDF of it somewhere ?
Teach me and I will learn. Let me show you that I have a want to learn by showing you I can.

Offline bossman72

• FAN REACTION: +301/-25
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 07:47:45 AM »
U lines up on kickoffs where he always has in 7 man and has the same keys.

CJ lines up next to the kicker.

I was going to get you a link to buy the CCA manual, but it looks like there's an app for that now:

https://cfo.arbitersports.com/Groups/104777/Library/files/CCA%20Manual%20App%20Instructions.pdf

Offline Maxtheumpire

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2018, 04:59:42 PM »
Ok well that is different than our 7 man mechanics here in my home state.  In 7 man the U stays with the kicker on KO and also makes sure that no players are outside of the 5 yard restraining line. As well as having to make sure there is atleast 4 players on one side of the ball at the time the ball is kicked. Then the U works his way down the field on the home team side.