Author Topic: Taking Helmet Off  (Read 2427 times)

Offline mccormicw

• FAN REACTION: +3/-4
Taking Helmet Off
« on: December 22, 2017, 08:37:56 PM »
I think I would have flagged the defensive player for taking his helmet off.  Am I that out of touch with deserves a UNS?  Are we trying to calling UNS?  Not being negative.  I really dont understand what deserves a UNS anymore.  https://youtu.be/1kOJy0_kJoI

Offline DallasLJ

• FAN REACTION: +16/-15
Re: Taking Helmet Off
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 08:50:31 PM »
I saw it too, but if you watch -- someone must have said something because he realized his mistake and put it back on.  For that reason, I would have passed on throwing on this.  Nature of game . .  youthful exhuberance, . . . and he corrected his mistake.

Offline mccormicw

• FAN REACTION: +3/-4
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 08:56:48 PM »
I did notice that and if that is the case, I understand why it wasnt thrown.

Offline TxBJ

• FAN REACTION: +9/-6
Taking Helmet Off
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 09:04:01 PM »
I saw it too, but if you watch -- someone must have said something because he realized his mistake and put it back on.  For that reason, I would have passed on throwing on this.  Nature of game . .  youthful exhuberance, . . . and he corrected his mistake.
That thinking will bite you in the butt if you have to call it on the other team later just because their guy doesn’t put it back on.

Offline DallasLJ

• FAN REACTION: +16/-15
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2017, 09:22:30 PM »
I'm okay with that.  Most UNS calls are judgment calls -- and differ from play to play and player to player.  Throat slashes are an absolute, but hand in the air from the 2 yard line before scoring -- judgment call.