Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
National Federation Discussion / Re: Drive Blocking
« Last post by sczeebra on Today at 07:40:15 AM »
Yeah, we are sending our ladies off to combat now too!!! If you are for that then it's a foul, if not let's get back to football.
National Federation Discussion / Expanded neutral zone
« Last post by refjeff on Today at 07:07:48 AM »
On a legal forward pass play, A72's right foot is beyond the expanded neutral zone.  Most of him is still in the neutral zone.  Is he an ineligible downfield, or is he still in the neutral zone? 

If he is an ineligible downfield, are you calling that?

NCAA Discussion / Re: Pass Blocking
« Last post by dammitbobby on Yesterday at 09:24:29 PM »
That's interesting, I haven't seen that yet.  Just need to make sure A55 and A66 resist the temptation to grab an ankle on their way through.
« Last post by JasonTX on Yesterday at 07:56:48 PM »
I'd really have to see this, but based on your description, two steps in my mind means "not an active action by A55 and A66" so not blocking so not a foul for an illegal block below the waist.
  I agree.  We have some teams that are implementing this.  We'll have to apply some judgment.

« Last post by Kalle on Yesterday at 01:21:13 PM »
I'd really have to see this, but based on your description, two steps in my mind means "not an active action by A55 and A66" so not blocking so not a foul for an illegal block below the waist.
« Last post by KWH on Yesterday at 12:31:44 PM »

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool,
than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
NCAA Discussion / Re: Timing question
« Last post by lonnieritch1981 on Yesterday at 12:29:26 PM »
That is correct. So, the correct answer to the question is C.
« Last post by AlUpstateNY on Yesterday at 12:11:13 PM »

I have great respect for the officials who have already responded to this post but just feel at some point the offensive lineman needs to let up and he doesn't have a license to continue blocking until he hears a whistle or is just finishing his block way behind the ball.  I believe if this is allowed to continue it leads to chipiness in the game.

Fortunately, the line between acceptable and/or excessive contact lays EXCLUSIVELY within YOUR head, and YOU (alone) are responsible to determine which side of that line YOU are observing. As is often stated, "One size NEVER fits all", so there will NEVER be a finite definition that addresses all possibilities.

NFHS 9-4-3-a-o lists examples, including "g" which states, "Make any other contact with an opponent, including a defensive player, which is deemed unnecessary, or excessive and incites roughness."[/i][/u], which is YOUR judgment call, limited to that specific, and exclusive, action YOU are observing. 
« Last post by refjeff on Yesterday at 11:29:56 AM »
Not a foul.

The coach is correct.
NCAA Discussion / Pass Blocking
« Last post by JasonTX on Yesterday at 10:54:11 AM »
A55 and A66 from their respective tackle positions.  Both players drop back to pass block after the ball is snapped.  The QB receives the snap and is quickly outside of the tackle box with the "pocket" moving with him.  A55 and A66 sees defenders coming through and drop their bodies straight to the ground.  The defenders take two steps and trip over A55 and A66.  Ruling?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10