Author Topic: Now replay can call DPI  (Read 2587 times)

Offline ElvisLives

• FAN REACTION: +161/-143
  • The rules are there if you need them.
Now replay can call DPI
« on: March 28, 2019, 09:47:46 AM »
Why have the on-field guys?

Offline goodgrr

• Roger Goodgroves
  • FAN REACTION: +13/-12
  • We are always learning
Re: Now replay can call DPI
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 10:17:21 AM »
Why have the on-field guys?

By that logic, why have replay?

It's fair to say that we are human, we may miss calls.  If we can use replay to get it right then I'm in favour.

The issue will be how is this managed inside the last two minutes without holding up the game for every pass play.

Offline Magician

• FAN REACTION: +257/-8
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 11:20:52 AM »
By that logic, why have replay?

It's fair to say that we are human, we may miss calls.  If we can use replay to get it right then I'm in favour.

The issue will be how is this managed inside the last two minutes without holding up the game for every pass play.
Judgement is always a matter of right or wrong. Supervisors will give grades for calls by their staff but sometimes they aren't "right" either. This will result in a much more technical philosophy around PI and everyone will hate it just like they did the catch rule. I know why they did it and I fully expected it after the NFC Championship game, but this is an overreaction to one bad call. I expect what they end up with will much worse than that.

Offline JasonTX

• FAN REACTION: +112/-58
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 11:11:49 PM »
Just wait till there is a missed OH on a play that scores a game winning TD in the playoffs.   Will they then let replay call that?