Author Topic: SB Referee  (Read 1784 times)

Offline ElvisLives

• FAN REACTION: +161/-143
  • The rules are there if you need them.
SB Referee
« on: January 24, 2022, 06:39:54 AM »
My best guess - and that is all it is - is Ron Torbert. He does a great job. So did Hussey. Hoch and Clete did good, but not their turn, yet, IMHO. Probably wrong.

I'm guessing Tony will get a 'farewell' league championship game. Hope so. Great guy.

Offline GA Umpire

• Refstripes Hero
  • FAN REACTION: +30/-3
Re: SB Referee
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2022, 05:03:58 PM »
My best guess - and that is all it is - is Ron Torbert. He does a great job. So did Hussey. Hoch and Clete did good, but not their turn, yet, IMHO. Probably wrong.

I'm guessing Tony will get a 'farewell' league championship game. Hope so. Great guy.
Attached is the link to the Football Zebras web site that agrees with you.

https://www.footballzebras.com/2022/01/ron-torbert-is-likely-to-be-the-super-bowl-lvi-referee/

Offline GA Umpire

• Refstripes Hero
  • FAN REACTION: +30/-3
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2022, 05:09:15 PM »

https://www.footballzebras.com/2022/01/cheffers-and-vinovich-are-conference-championship-referees/

Football Zebras link about the Championship game assignments.

Online dammitbobby

• FAN REACTION: +27/-8
  • I know just enough to be dangerous...
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2022, 08:54:16 AM »

Tony will be referee for the Pro Bowl.

Offline ElvisLives

• FAN REACTION: +161/-143
  • The rules are there if you need them.
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2022, 01:21:31 PM »
Tony will be referee for the Pro Bowl.

If it were still in Hawai'i, that would be a true gift. Las Vegas... yech. That's too bad. Well, the shows are really, really good. But the town itself...really dirty and scuzzy. Much rather spend a week on Waikiki.

Online dammitbobby

• FAN REACTION: +27/-8
  • I know just enough to be dangerous...
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2022, 01:47:13 PM »
Completely agree about Vegas - pre-covid I would have to go there for security conferences every year (sometimes more than that) and while I would always eat good, I was always ready to be home... last time I was there, I was there for like 8 or 9 days straight, which was absolutely brutal.