Author Topic: Football Turf Shoes Input  (Read 320 times)

Offline TexasProud

• FAN REACTION: +2/-0
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
Football Turf Shoes Input
« on: August 02, 2022, 12:52:58 PM »
As the season approaches I would appreciate opinions and feedback regarding your preference of turf shoes, as I'm looking to get a new pair.  For me, most recent shoes were Under Armour and prior to that Nike Flywire.  I liked both with my preference being the UA shoes.  As I look at vendor options I see mostly New Balances and Smitty.  I have not heard many good things on the shoes from Smitty and my UA's are out of stock everywhere. 

Would like to see a few responses from the regulars here regarding their preference and what they have found to be comfortable.

Offline Etref

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +78/-26
  • " I don't make the rules coach!"
Re: Football Turf Shoes Input
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2022, 01:02:28 PM »
I was a New Balance guy, wore them all the time. But lately, it seems the quality has slipped. Sole separation, lace tear out, etc.

Just my $.02
" I don't make the rules coach!"

Offline TexasProud

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2022, 01:25:04 PM »
I was a New Balance guy, wore them all the time. But lately, it seems the quality has slipped. Sole separation, lace tear out, etc.

Just my $.02

I've heard that too from New Balance.  Thank you for your input. 

Offline dammitbobby

• FAN REACTION: +16/-7
  • I know just enough to be dangerous...
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2022, 02:53:48 PM »
I wear NBs, have not had a problem... liked them so much last year I got two more pair on clearance, for when they wear out. 

What I usually see guys in our chapter wearing are UA, although some seem really happy with Hokas.  If I were looking, I'd be trying to find a pair of On Clouds that were black and white - lots and lots and lots of people really seem to like them.

Offline HLinNC

• FAN REACTION: +117/-17
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2022, 04:24:37 PM »
Do you have a Under Armour outlet store within a reasonable distance?  I see black and black & white trainers at the one near us quite a bit. 

They aren't the specific turf style shoe but I'm finding more and more that trainers and running shoes are way more comfortable and lighter than turf shoes.

Offline TexasProud

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2022, 08:44:07 PM »
Do you have a Under Armour outlet store within a reasonable distance?  I see black and black & white trainers at the one near us quite a bit. 

They aren't the specific turf style shoe but I'm finding more and more that trainers and running shoes are way more comfortable and lighter than turf shoes.

No UA outlet store anywhere near me.  Appreciate the information.  I'll keep looking.

Offline blindtxzebra

• FAN REACTION: +0/-1
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2022, 06:01:02 AM »
No UA outlet store anywhere near me.  Appreciate the information.  I'll keep looking.

https://www.amazon.com/Under-Armour-Charged-Assert-Running/dp/B087P32XQG

Best shoe IMO

Offline JDM

• FAN REACTION: +5/-4
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2022, 11:57:49 AM »

Have you checked on Amazon? They offer free returns, at least for those with a Prime account.