Football Officiating > Texas Topics

PROP Approved Rules changes - now we wait for the UIL

(1/12) > >>

ElvisLives:
https://www.ncaa.org/news/2024/4/19/media-center-technology-rules-approved-in-football.aspx

Here are the PROP Approved Rules Changes. Now we wait to see what exceptions, if any, the UIL will take to these changes. My guess is that the UIL will approve the 2-minute T/O in 2nd/4th periods, but take exception to everything else.

The PROP rejected additional rule change to uniforms. So, no change there for UIL for 2024. So, we'll still see bermuda shorts, and no one will do anything about it, including us. Status quo. End of story for 2024.

bctgp:
I think the UIL will also accept the change to horse-collar tackle in the tackle-box now being a foul.

ElvisLives:

--- Quote from: bctgp on April 19, 2024, 03:16:56 PM ---I think the UIL will also accept the change to horse-collar tackle in the tackle-box now being a foul.

--- End quote ---

Yes, I concur.

Legacy Zebra:
I’m not sure I see the UIL taking the 2 minute warning unless they take other timing rules with it. It’s kind of hard to justify an extra timeout when you’re still stopping the clock on first downs all game and the clock is on the snap on OOB plays all game.

Cosmokramer1:
If the UIL does adopt the 2 minute warning I would then like to see them also adopt/remove the first down clock stoppage.  Unofficially, we all seem to adopt our own rules anyway.  For example, we may stop the clock on the first down but within about 3-5 seconds after giving the stop clock signal we are already winding the clock even as the chains haven't even started moving downfield yet.   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version