Author Topic: A couple questions about the CFL  (Read 5393 times)

Offline Legacy Zebra

• FAN REACTION: +52/-9
A couple questions about the CFL
« on: July 06, 2014, 05:14:54 PM »
The last couple years I've started watching some Canadian Football to pass the summer along. I've picked up most of the differences, I just have a couple questions about putting the ball in play after scores. After a rouge is conceded, who, where and how is the ball put in play? Also, do yall not kick off after successful field goals? I saw a game the other day and I don't know I just missed it on the broadcast, but it looked like after the field goal, the defense snapped the ball at (I think) the 35 without a kickoff. Also, where do y'all kick from for free kicks after safeties and touchdowns?

Offline TxSkyBolt

• FAN REACTION: +45/-46

Offline Legacy Zebra

• FAN REACTION: +52/-9
Re: A couple questions about the CFL
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 08:50:02 PM »
Thanks for the link, should have known to check Wiki first.

Offline JugglingReferee

• FAN REACTION: +40/-15
  • Ἰησοῦς Χριστός, Θεοῦ Υἱός, Σωτήρ
Re: A couple questions about the CFL
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 10:07:22 AM »
The last couple years I've started watching some Canadian Football to pass the summer along. I've picked up most of the differences, I just have a couple questions about putting the ball in play after scores. After a rouge is conceded, who, where and how is the ball put in play? Also, do yall not kick off after successful field goals? I saw a game the other day and I don't know I just missed it on the broadcast, but it looked like after the field goal, the defense snapped the ball at (I think) the 35 without a kickoff. Also, where do y'all kick from for free kicks after safeties and touchdowns?

To specifically answer your questions:

After a rouge, the non-scoring team scrimmages on the 35, 1D/10.  If the rouge is as a result of a missed FGA, and the LS outside the 35, the option exists to return to the previous LS rather than the 35.

After a successful FG, the non-scoring team has an option to take 1D/10 at their own 35.

After a TD, the ensuing KO is from the 35.

After a Safety, scoring team may have 1D from their 35, KO from their 35, or have the other team KO from the K 25.