Author Topic: 3 penalties after change of possession  (Read 2049 times)

Offline maybrefguy

• FAN REACTION: +0/-0
3 penalties after change of possession
« on: September 24, 2012, 04:30:42 PM »
In a youth game the other day we had an odd situation.  I think we got it right.  Team A threw a legal forward pass from A's 45 yard line.  It was intercepted by B at B's 30 yard line.  On the return there was a block in the back by B2 at the 50 yard line and the ball was downed at A's 20.  While all this was going on A1 and B1 decided to try and toss each other around by the facemask on B's 40.  All 3 penalties were flagged.  I told B that to keep the ball they had to decline the face mask.  I told A that they needed to choose which penalty to enforce and which to decline.  They of course chose to enforce the facemask and we set the chains 1st and 10 for B on B's 25 yard line.

Did we do it right?

Offline Curious

• FAN REACTION: +36/-50
Re: 3 penalties after change of possession
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 04:43:10 PM »
Sounds good to me.

Two (live ball I'm assuming from "while all this was going on") fouls by B - both after COP.  One (live ball I'm assuming from "while all this was going on") foul by A after COP.  B got the ball with clean hands; so they can keep the ball by declining A's foul.

Multiple fouls by B gives A options which you provided; and the enforcement spot was correct (all-but one). aWaRd.... sNiCkErS