Author Topic: Just for Fun  (Read 5726 times)

Offline Rulesman

• Past Keeper of the Keys
  • Refstripes Hero
  • FAN REACTION: +65535/-2
  • Live like tomorrow never comes.
Just for Fun
« on: January 21, 2015, 11:55:23 AM »
And why? (besides the standard reasons such as you hate one team or the other, one team cheats more than the other, etc). You can only vote once and you cannot view the results until you do vote.

^talk
"Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence. I am not remotely interested in just being good."
- Vince Lombardi

Offline goodgrr

• Roger Goodgroves
  • FAN REACTION: +13/-12
  • We are always learning
Re: Just for Fun
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 01:00:49 PM »
I don't know why but I dislike the Patriots, however I voted that they will win the SB as they are really on form right now.

Offline riffraft

• FAN REACTION: +18/-19
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 02:08:15 PM »
Where is the option that there is a plague of locust and the game is cancelled so I don't have to have either team win?

Offline theunofficialofficial

• FAN REACTION: +5/-1
  • Go slow, then go slower.
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 02:47:47 PM »
Where is the option that there is a plague of locust and the game is cancelled so I don't have to have either team win?
+1

Offline VALJ

• FAN REACTION: +90/-14
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 03:31:51 PM »
I think the Seattle defense will do to Tom Brady what they did to Payton Manning last year.  (At least, I hope so...)

Doesn't hurt that Kam Chancellor is a fellow alum, either.

Offline Rulesman

• Refstripes Hero
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, 05:17:58 PM »
Not interested that you are not interested.  ^flag
"Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence. I am not remotely interested in just being good."
- Vince Lombardi

Offline bama_stripes

• FAN REACTION: +115/-27
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2015, 08:02:23 AM »
Seattle.
Defense.

But who really cares?  It's just an excuse for advertising creative directors to strut their stuff.

Offline Ralph Damren

• FAN REACTION: +864/-28
  • SEE IT-THINK IT-CALL IT
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2015, 08:28:56 AM »
As a member of Patriot Nation, since the AFL became a real league, my vote is with the  :patrioticon: Patriots :patrioticon:. Not intended to deflate the ego of any Water Bird (Seahawk) fan, but the  :patrioticon:Patriots :patrioticon: have the better deflated air game.

XLIX =  :patrioticon: aWaRd aWaRd aWaRd aWaRd :patrioticon:  tiphat:

Offline hefnerjm

• FAN REACTION: +19/-23
  • Everyone needs a student, a mentor, & a friend
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2015, 03:09:08 PM »
As a life-long Packer fan, Packers Shareholder, and one inspired to become an official based on the "Fail Mary" (I could not in good conscience continue to arm-chair, and I fell in love with the advocation) , it was heartbreaking the way the Packers gave the NFC Championship away.  They were not beaten, rather they beat themselves with stupidity after a fantastically played 57 mins. 

That said, I will be cheering for the Seattle to destroy those cheating Pats.  As a student of the history of the game, I hate the idea of Brady being on the same tier as Montana and Bradshaw.  The level of integrity that all future QBs will be compared to is at stake...I like the classy and humble Russell Wilson miles beyond Brady/Belicheat. 
Coach: "I've been doing this 30 years!  I know the rules!"
Ref: "Are you married coach?"
Coach (suddenly offguard): "umm...yeah, why?"
Ref: "I've been married 30 years and my wife says there is still room for improvement"
Coach: "<silence>"

Offline Rulesman

• Refstripes Hero
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2015, 04:22:56 PM »
Marshawn gives Seattle a black eye but I'm pulling for the Seahawks because of K.J. Wright.  tiphat:
- Vince Lombardi

Offline Curious

• FAN REACTION: +36/-50
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2015, 01:59:01 PM »
Love the Patriots....why?  Tom Brady! aWaRd