Author Topic: Thanks to All  (Read 3989 times)

ALStripes17

Thanks to All
« on: October 28, 2013, 11:10:26 AM »
1st year official here.  Wanted to say thanks to everyone on these boards for their insight.  I have learned a lot from thumbing through the boards and my rule/case/mechanics manuals together.

Was selected to be the LJ for our city MS Championship Game tomorrow night.  So ends my season with this game ... and subsequent evaluation by our association's assignors.

Here's to become a Friday night on-field official for next year!

tiphat:

FlAg1

Offline Ralph Damren

• FAN REACTION: +864/-28
  • SEE IT-THINK IT-CALL IT
Re: Thanks to All
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 11:33:12 AM »
Congratulations, AL, on making it thru your rookie season and good luck in working your middle school championship. Hope you've learned to accept the boos as not aimed at you as a person, but as the ogre that just  ^flag threw a flag on Baby Bear, while Momma & Poppa Bear knows that he  :!# never fouls. If you are a football junkie, like myself and many on this forum, you probably will be attending as many playoff games as a spectator. A "Ms. Manners for Zebras"  caution : You may see calls that you feel are bad, don't :-X announce to the fans, "Ole' Smitty just blew another one :D!" Just think to yourself, "Ole' Smitty just blew another one :-X" and learn from Ole' Smitty's mistakes. As you grow in your officiating career, fans will begin to reconize you and want your opinion on what they precieve as a bad call. If my wife comes home with a new hat and wants my opinion, my answer is, "It's great" ;D - if I like it - and "It'll keep your head dry"  :-\ -if I don't. If you agree with the call ,your response could be, " :bOW Great call, he was in great position :thumbup!!". If you don't, " Couldn't really tell from here :!#, he had a much better view of it than we do ::)". :)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 11:35:06 AM by Ralph Damren »

Offline FLAHL

• FAN REACTION: +52/-9
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 12:01:28 PM »
Congratulations AL.  Hope your championship game goes down to the wire!

Offline HLinNC

• FAN REACTION: +133/-24
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 12:03:03 PM »
Congrats

Offline bama_stripes

• FAN REACTION: +115/-27
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 02:00:11 PM »
Atta boy!

Offline Cars69

• FAN REACTION: +0/-1
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 10:32:08 PM »
Congrats AL on your game  tiphat: and good luck with getting on a crew next year.

Offline InsideTheStripes

• FAN REACTION: +0/-5
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 10:36:31 PM »
Congrats and best of luck.  Never stop learning.

Offline bbeagle

• FAN REACTION: +14/-52
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 07:59:41 AM »
Here's to become a Friday night on-field official for next year!

That's quick in your organization! Great for you! tiphat:

Our organization requires officials to wait 4 years before they get a varsity game. And another 4-5 before they get a playoff game. I guess it depends on the organization and how much they need officials, or how quickly a great official can move up. Congrats!

ALStripes17

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 08:53:14 AM »
That's quick in your organization! Great for you! tiphat:

Our organization requires officials to wait 4 years before they get a varsity game. And another 4-5 before they get a playoff game. I guess it depends on the organization and how much they need officials, or how quickly a great official can move up. Congrats!

I got lucky in my 1st year and ran clock for a great varsity crew.  I probably had 5 or 6 questions (they would say more  ;D) every pre-game and post-game re: different situations, possibilities, and enforcements.  Our LJ and BJ also have white hat experience so the roundtable discussion on the way to ballgames was seemingly more valuable than the Hope diamond.

It always helps to crave, discover, and share the knowledge.  Props to my crew for the selfless assistance.

Apprentice ... out  tiphat:

FlAg1