Author Topic: NFHS Rules Changes Press Release  (Read 26173 times)

Offline bama_stripes

• FAN REACTION: +115/-27
Re: NFHS Rules Changes Press Release
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2012, 10:10:32 AM »
...(after all, they are forgetful teenagers).

Redundant.

Harry

« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2012, 08:52:22 PM »
With today's helmets, it's a three part process.  First, you need to find a shell that fits the kid the best, but there are only three different size shells (except for special orders).  Then you have to insert the internal pads (which come in numerous sizes) in order to customize that fit.

But a MAJOR part, that often gets forgotten, is that the kid has to make sure he checks the air in the bladder every day.  Almost every helmet needs more air added at least once a week.  Some of these kids think that once they get the helmet fitted in July, it's good for the season.

We tell the kids they need to check their helmets DAILY, and we still remind them at least twice a week (after all, they are forgetful teenagers).

When I was in HS, we rarely checked the air in the helmets.  I think I would check it again later in the year if I found a pump.  Now some of you might say that it explains some of my posts.   hEaDbAnG

Head trauma, concussion issues, etc weren't a big deal back then like they are now.  Also, I think it falls on the coach.  You clearly do a good job with this.  I doubt most coaches in my area do.

busman

« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2012, 02:10:08 PM »
"When I was in HS, we rarely checked the air in the helmets."

When I was in HS, the only air in our helments we had was what was whistling through our ears.

And, no, Rulesman, I couldn't fold it up and put in my pocket when we were through with practice!

Offline Rulesman

• Past Keeper of the Keys
  • Refstripes Hero
  • FAN REACTION: +65535/-2
  • Live like tomorrow never comes.
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2012, 04:20:47 PM »
"When I was in HS, we rarely checked the air in the helmets."

When I was in HS, the only air in our helments we had was what was whistling through our ears.

And, no, Rulesman, I couldn't fold it up and put in my pocket when we were through with practice!
nAnA
"Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence. I am not remotely interested in just being good."
- Vince Lombardi