Author Topic: Taunting In Ohio  (Read 6823 times)

Offline bigjohn

• FAN REACTION: +22/-36
Taunting In Ohio
« on: October 26, 2016, 12:56:27 PM »
4. UNS & Taunting: If a player faces the opposing team’s bench & raises his fingers to his
mouth to indicate for the bench to be quiet, this is Taunting. The player is drawing
attention to himself. This illegal act will be added to the 2017 GB, P. 50.

This in Ohio's weekly Bulletin

http://ohsaafb.com/files/2016/10/2016_week_8_bulletin.pdf
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 02:23:26 PM by Rulesman »

Offline scrounge

• FAN REACTION: +35/-23
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
Re: Taunting in Ohio
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 01:18:16 PM »
Ok...so?

Do you disagree? Why do you have this seeming obsession with Ohio?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 02:23:44 PM by Rulesman »

Offline bigjohn

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 01:54:05 PM »
Just wondered what everyone here thought of this. Ohio is my home state and the officials are micromanaged in my opinion, by Bruce Mauer, Beau Rugg and their minions.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 02:23:57 PM by Rulesman »

Offline bigjohn

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 01:57:07 PM »
3. Use of Tobacco Products: “Officials are prohibited from using any form of … tobacco at
the playing site.” An official was observed by school personnel smoking a cigarette. (GB,
P. 35, 1A)

HAHA!! I see them with Chew in all the time.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 02:24:14 PM by Rulesman »

Offline prab

• FAN REACTION: +37/-47
  • Wherever you go, there you are!
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 02:01:28 PM »
Just wondered what everyone here thought of this. Ohio is my home state and the officials are micromanaged in my opinion, by Bruce Mauer, Beau Rugg and their minions.

Kudos for the first (I think) use of the word "minions" on the forum!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 02:24:30 PM by Rulesman »

Offline scrounge

• FAN REACTION: +35/-23
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 02:49:02 PM »

Ok, fair enough, you're obviously entitled to your opinion. My opinion is that it comes across as kinda passive-aggressive and sad. I don't feel micromanaged in the slightest. I appreciate and see the value of having a standard operating procedure and a common base, precisely so we don't have to spend a ton of time on small stuff. But that's just me. I'm not a robot, no one I know is one, and the idea that this makes us into that is patently ridiculous. And I'm certainly not a minion...though they look like they had a lot of fun in those movies. The residuals they got would certainly be nice.

Offline bossman72

• FAN REACTION: +301/-25
Re: Taunting In Ohio
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2016, 07:56:10 AM »
Ok, fair enough, you're obviously entitled to your opinion. My opinion is that it comes across as kinda passive-aggressive and sad. I don't feel micromanaged in the slightest. I appreciate and see the value of having a standard operating procedure and a common base, precisely so we don't have to spend a ton of time on small stuff. But that's just me. I'm not a robot, no one I know is one, and the idea that this makes us into that is patently ridiculous. And I'm certainly not a minion...though they look like they had a lot of fun in those movies. The residuals they got would certainly be nice.

Not from Ohio, but I agree with scrounge.  What one calls "micromanaged" I call "consistency".  It would be nice to have that in place instead of just leaving it up to us, which hurts us when one crew calls something and another crew doesn't.

Offline riffraft

• FAN REACTION: +18/-19
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2016, 05:13:46 PM »

Not in Ohio anymore, but I appreciated the goldbook. They only thing I though was over the top was "do you want to be a pretender or a contender official" that they always used. But having the drive to have consistency in the calls and the communication is a noble effort.