Author Topic: business cards  (Read 2678 times)

Offline LJ1977

• FAN REACTION: +0/-2
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
business cards
« on: January 19, 2019, 05:51:27 AM »
With clinic season right around the corner. I just read an article on referee magazine about networking at clinics. They said to have business cards to hand out, so they don't for get your name. Just wondering if  anyone has business cards made up and what information did you put on them.

Online ElvisLives

• FAN REACTION: +161/-143
  • The rules are there if you need them.
Re: business cards
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 08:19:43 AM »
I’ve never been a coordinator, and maybe I’m old school, but, if I was a coordinator, and somebody offered me a business card as a personal marketing tool for officiating - unless I asked him for it - I’d put it in my “Never hire this guy” folder.
Do your marketing on the field with hustle, paying attention, and making your presence with your actions.  And, in the classroom by showing interest and scoring well on tests.
Save your money on business cards, and use it for travel, etc., to clinics.

Just me.

Robert

Offline bossman72

• FAN REACTION: +301/-25
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 12:14:28 AM »
I’ve never been a coordinator, and maybe I’m old school, but, if I was a coordinator, and somebody offered me a business card as a personal marketing tool for officiating - unless I asked him for it - I’d put it in my “Never hire this guy” folder.
Do your marketing on the field with hustle, paying attention, and making your presence with your actions.  And, in the classroom by showing interest and scoring well on tests.
Save your money on business cards, and use it for travel, etc., to clinics.

Just me.

Robert

+1

Offline TampaSteve

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +23/-13
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2019, 10:01:49 AM »
I was at a clinic where every official had a number on their back AND there was a listing (name, email, phone, number on their back, headshot) of every official that was provided to those evaluating or seeking staff.

Offline HLinNC

• FAN REACTION: +133/-24
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2019, 10:15:31 AM »
I made some up to hand out back in the early days of video exchange on Hudl so we could get coaches to send to my account.  Once the state set us up I didn't need them anymore.

Offline AlUpstateNY

• FAN REACTION: +341/-919
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2019, 11:16:25 AM »
I always carry a couple of my Chapter's business cards with me on the field.  They come in very handy when approached by Spectators
(to/from the field) or sideline "guests" and/or coaching staff impressing me with their rules knowledge.  With the advice, "We're always looking for good prospects", it's amazing how much needless conversation these cards eliminate.